10 Reasons to Increase Your Site Speed- Fast!
- Author Gadgetlesstech
- Published February 16, 2022
- Word count 561
In November of 2020, Google added three new page experience signals that make up what is now being called Core Web Vitals. They include: Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS),First Input Delay (FID) and Largest Contentful Paint (LCP). These three metrics were added into Google's ranking algorithm in mid-June 2021 and have since received a lot of buzz. If this is your first time hearing about Core Web Vitals, you can try Google Pagespeed Insights or alternatively GTMETRIX. Personally, I like to compare the results of both.
- Mobile Browsing Speed
Well before mobile device use surpassed desktop usage, browser loading speed on mobile devices has been an issue. Recent research done by Google shows that it takes the average website more than 15 seconds to load on a mobile device. The study also noted that conversion rates significantly dropped with every second that it took a website to load beyond 3 seconds.
- A Great Website Site That No One Sees
Imagine, your web designer builds you the most amazing website of all time. I mean, this website is beautiful! It checks all of the boxes; from a great site architecture and images to the most perfectly written and optimized content. You're now ready to conquer the world with your brand new, money printing machine. Then, guess what, your website is taking 15 seconds to load. All of your visitors quickly jump ship and click on your competitor's website, who has higher prices and lesser quality products. Chances are they won't be back. If that's not enough I'll give you 10 more reasons why you need to improve the loading speed of your website?
- Mobile Device Use Exceeds Desktop Use
In 2016, StatCounter released a study that found that mobile devices accounted for 51.3 percent of worldwide internet usage
- Websites Load Slower On Mobile
Desktop computers typically have better processors and internet connection speeds via wifi or ethernet. Even 5G mobile device data network are slower in most cases . This means that loading sites on mobile devices can be significantly slower than a desktop even when optimized for mobile
- Website Speed Is A Ranking Factor
Google has publicly announced that a fast website helps to rank better. The ‘Speed Update’ made website speed a ranking factor for mobile searches.
- Fast Websites Are Easier For Search Engines To Crawl
This was confirmed by a study of 413,000,000 pages at the 2018 SMX in Paris. https://www.slideshare.net/BotifySEO/how-does-google-crawl-the-web-botify-at-smx-paris-2018
- Fast Loading Websites Have Higher Conversion Rates
Numerous studies have revealed that faster page speed results in better conversions. To put it simply, the quicker a webpage loads, the more likely a user is to carry out the targeted call of action on that webpage. It was observed that at some. 2 seconds, conversion rates were less than 1% At 5. 7+ seconds, conversion rates were in the realm of 0. 6%
- Website Speed Reduces Bounce Rates
This one is no secret. If you've been around SEO for any length of time, you've heard how much page speed effects bounce rate.
- Website Speed Improves User Experience
The ultimate goal of any web design project should be to provide the best user experience for site visitors. As part of that, page speed is one of the most important.
The bottom line is this, when site speed is improved you'll end up with happy website visitors and happy search engines as well. And this is the end goal for all marketers.
There are no posted comments.
- What is SEO?
- Why do you Need Google Rank Checker Services?
- The Best Practices for SEO Copywriting to Rank Higher
- Find the proven and tested methods to increase organic leads easily
- Some Mindblowing Facts - How Local SEO can Benefit your business?
- How To Choose The Right SEO Specialist?
- How to Write Epic Blog Posts that Rank #1 on Google Using Jasper AI
- SEO expert: its importance in 2022
- Why It Is Worth Choosing Local SEO Services
- How Businesses Can Benefit from Website Content Writing Services
- A SEO London Agency that Handles Digital Marketing
- Why Should Companies Invest in Digital Marketing?
- How to Start a Career in Digital Marketing
- Amazon SEO strategy paving success of your product
- What's the Importance of SEO in Digital Marketing?
- 5 Points to Create Digital Marketing Strategy for Your Brand
- How to Get Succeed With a Customer-centric Through Digital Marketing Services Strategy
- How To Do Reverse Image Search On Google
- Keywords Optimization For Online Businesses
- 5 Reasons Why Every Business Needs a Website
- Why Websites Need SEO Link Building Services?
- On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO Tips
- SEO Services - What Are They? When and How to Use Them
- Why You Should Continue With SEO After You've Reached Your Ranking Targets
- Link Building: How To Rank Above Competitors On Google In 2021
- Do You Want SEO for Your Website? Find the Tips to Find the Best One
- How Do You Turn Customers Into Brand Advocates?
- Different Types of Google Ads Marketing Platforms
- How Can I Find a Genuine SEO Company?