Should I use Standard Garden Lights or Solar Garden Lights?
- Author Lydia Quinn
- Published March 19, 2022
- Word count 433
The decision to use standard garden lights or solar garden lights comes down to everyones individual situation, skill set, and budget. Here are some points to keep in mind when sizing up your options between using solar garden lights, or standard garden lights (those that require a power source via cable.)
Solar Garden Lights are a lot easier to get set up. Why? Because there’s no cables to deal with, that’s why! All it takes is purchasing them and then placing them in the garden, taking care to make sure the solar panels (either built into the lights or running attached with a small cord) are placed in such a way to capture direct sunlight. That is all it’s going to take to power the lights, and this means it’s very easy for everyone involved.
Standard Garden Lights are harder to set up. You could run a cable on top of the ground, but that would look ridiculous. Instead, you’ll need to properly bury or at least strategically conceal the power cables. This means digging and manuevering. It might also mean some kind of electrical skills as you tweak the light set up for your garden. What this offers in trade is the ability to have a lot more control over where the lights are placed, since the cables can be routed anywhere under the ground, and no light source is not in any way related to being exposed to the sun to capture solar energy.
Another factor between these two options is the price and cost of each type of lighting. Solar garden lights cost more than standard garden lights. However, the big selling point here is that you will spend zero dollars powering them. Year after year will pass and you will have garden lights on, and will not spend a penny on keeping them on. But at the same time, the cost of standard garden lights is considerably less than that of their solar counterparts. The budget may demand a less expensive choice to start with.
One more factor is this question you may want to ask yourself: How important is it to you to use energy efficient, green lighting?
Gardeners work with the earth, and many extend their respect for the plants and trees and the air and the grass by their work in the garden. For them, it only makes sense to use solar powered garden lights, as this plays a small but important role in reducing ones overall footprint. This is something to think about it for anyone who uses garden lighting.
There are no posted comments.
- 6 Ways to Cut Down on Water Waste
- Why Should You Choose Copper or Brass For Your Kitchen Backsplash?
- 5 Signs You Need to Call a Plumber
- Shingle vs. Metal Roofing: Which One's Better for a Commercial Property?
- Waterproof Kitchen Cabinets | How to waterproof cabinet under kitchen sink?
- How to repair leaking roof?
- How to fix a leaking pipe?
- 7 Types of Waterproofing Materials Explained
- Energy bills, how to reduce them in 2022
- Most Common Roofing Problems
- How Much Does a Roof Replacement Cost in Florida?
- Everything You Need to Know about Asphalt Shingle Roof?
- KNEE SAVER ELECTRICAL BOX
- Factors to Consider Before Hiring a Roofing Company
- Updating Your Home with Artificial Lawn
- Builders: Gold Coast Renovators
- THERMOGRAPHY & WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION
- How To Keep Your Stainless Steel Balustrade Looking Like New
- '4' Types Of Roof Damages
- The Cost of Professional Outdoor Lighting Explained
- Five Things to Consider When Shopping for a Splashback
- How Many Brits Genuinely Understand Food Labels?
- The Top 4 Benefits of Installing Solar Panels on Your Home
- The Great Benefits Of Trenchless Pipe Lining
- Common Trenchless Pipe Lining Questions And Answers
- Are Blackout Blinds a Good Choice for a Baby’s Nursery?
- ICE DAMS & WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION
- FROZEN PIPES & WATER DAMAGE
- Why You Should Clean Refrigerator Condenser Coils