An Issue Called: Family
- Author Valerie Garcia
- Published May 15, 2022
- Word count 430
One of the definitions of family is “a group of people related to one another by blood or marriage” and while this is true, I bet that all of us have a different definition of what family is depending on our experiences. Not a while ago, I had a misunderstanding that turned into a trauma because I was bullied in the house that I thought I was welcomed, but I guess it was very naïve from me to think that family will never be a source of bullying or any other messed up thing that we see in the world. Unfortunately, family can be the origin of our traumas and insecurities, and it shouldn’t be that way. The word family should stand for all other than hatred, and the place where we meet our family should be the safe place.
It is true, we can’t live our life without trusting people, especially our family. They probably know us better than ourselves, but this is a tricky fact because the ones that know you the most can turn against you with all your weakness in hand. As I called it before, “trauma” because it was a disturbing scenario; I saw myself running out of the house because I felt I was being displaced by violence, verbal violence. I never went through bullying, I consider myself as a very friendly person, and I don’t recall being rejected by my friends nor family. But I guess this time was different. A member of what I used to call “family” was willing to slander me in order to get revenge.
Of course, this does not happen in every family, and don’t get me wrong, I still consider them as my family, a very distant family. I guess my point in all of this is that we should be careful in whom we trust and in whom we rely on. I suggest to always step aside before is too late. Step aside when you see yourself at the gate of mistreatment, and for the sake of your wellness; don’t let all the hatred penetrate the love that your heart and soul are able to build and give. I now believe that bullying and mistreatment come in different shapes and can disguise itself as a family.
I would like to finish with this, Mathew 10:34-36, Jesus made clear how He was not here “to bring peace, but to bring a sword” meaning that He came to bring division. He said, “your enemies will be right in your own household.” (Mathew 10:36).
My name is Valerie Garcia and I am fascinated about the old fashion decades, I also consider myself as a romantic type of person, and I like to analyze the Bible. I think this three things describe me, and it is what I reflect in my books and articles.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- "Vax Vacuum Parts: My Personal Guide to Keeping Your Vacuum Cleaner in Top Shape"
- Understanding Vax Vacuum Parts: A Comprehensive Guide
- "Inside the Machine: A Comprehensive Guide to Vacuum Cleaner Parts and Their Functions"
- Achieve Superior Oral Hygiene with the Oral-B Pro 500 Electric Toothbrush
- The Blossoming Power Of Nature: How Flowers Can Nurture Physical And Mental Wellbeing
- The Key to Establishing a Healthy Sleep Routine for Babies, Toddlers, and Children
- How to Optimize and Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- How to Plan and Host a Successful Garage Sale: A Quick Guide
- Arborist Reports and Expert Consultation
- Stylish Men’s T-Shirts: Unforgettable Gift Ideas for Every Occasion!
- The Power of 3D Prototypes: Transforming Ideas into Tangible Innovations
- Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- What Makes WordPress an Incredibly Powerful Blogging System?
- What Are the 10 Scariest Things About WordPress Blogging?
- How is WordPress the Best Choice for a Website?
- How to Find the Perfect Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums: A Comprehensive Buyer's Guide
- How To Buy An Electric Toothbrush Under $50
- Parenting Influence on the Child’s Mental Health
- Unforgettable Stag Do: Exploring the Best European Destinations
- The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Dimout or screen fabric?
- Recognizing and Preventing Hard Drive Failure: Safeguarding Your Data
- Choosing the Right CMS for Website Design and Development
- Exploring Digital Marketing Trends in 2023
- The Marvelous World of Cigar Box Guitars: A Testament to Creativity and Musical Ingenuity
- How to Choose the Perfect Sonicare Toothbrush
- How to Shoot Better Product Photography?
- Audit The Fed
- What Makes HydraFacial a Revolutionary Skincare Treatment
- A Beginner's Guide to Pottery Clay: Getting Started with the Basics