How to Survive in Women’s Prison?
- Author William Mason
- Published May 1, 2022
- Word count 575
Nothing can be more difficult for any person than being in prison for the first time. Newly incarcerated people, especially women, often experience intense anxiety, confusion and fear. The mere sound of slamming bars echoing through the prison can make anyone feel terrible.
Prisoners in the United States get only an inadequate level of healthcare. There are also other humiliating and life-threatening incidents that can potentially happen in jail such as medical neglect and bodily harm inflicted by other prisoners or even the guards themselves. Women prisoners also experience human rights abuses. This article will tackle some of the tips on how to survive in women’s prison.
Some Tips on How to Survive a Woman’s Prison
•Nurture your mind, body and spirit
Prison is one of the most stressful places for a woman. Being inside the prison cell without knowing what’s happening in the outside world can put too much stress on your mind, body and spirit. As you spend your time behind bars, you need to develop a routine that keeps the balance between all these three. You can continue gaining more knowledge while in prison, but you also need to keep your health in check.
•Always keep a positive attitude
In prison, people will treat you based on what attitude you have. There is a fine line when it comes to your attitude. For example, if you come across too tough inside the prison, you may find yourself caught in trouble. If you come up too good or weak, people will take advantage of you. What you need to do is to keep a positive attitude towards everyone.
•Keep a steady line of communication with the outside world
Make sure to keep in touch with your friends and loved ones. You can send them a mail or give them a quick phone call if possible.
•Learn to play by the rules
A prison can be considered a community as it is composed of diverse group of individuals. Just like being a part of any community, you need to know who is who and where things are located. You will need to learn and abide by the rules: both written and unwritten.
•Be a good listener and only talk when necessary
This is one of the things you need to do when you want to know how to survive in women’s prison. You need to be a keen listener. Do not talk if you don’t know what’s happening in your surrounding as you may get yourself in trouble.
•Choose your friends wisely
Some people who served jail time believe that a prisoner does not need to find friends. They believe in the idea that if you get inside by yourself, you also need to get out by yourself. However, it does not hurt to have someone whom you can trust. Having a good camaraderie with the right people can help you understand more about prison life. Being with the wrong people can only lead you to get hurt or even get you more time in jail.
A prison is a place that can be cruel, but you can still make the best out of your misfortune. A prison can be a difficult place for a woman as human rights abuses are pretty common in this place. Simply follow the tips mentioned above on how to survive in women’s prison and you will have no problems.
To understand what really goes on inside the worst prisons in United States of America (USA) please visit https://www.inmatesurvival.com/top-10-most-notorious-correctional-facilities-in-the-united-states/ and to watch the top 30 best Hollywood prison movies and TV series shows spinoffs please visit https://www.inmatesurvival.com/top-best-prison-and-jail-movies-and-tv-shows-of-all-time/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Surviving prison in the US
- Surviving in a county jail in USA
- 5 Important Things To Know About How To Survive In A Juvenile Detention Center
- Rules to Follow When Visiting a Prison Inmate in Pelican Bay
- How Did “The Digital” Become “The Future of Learning”
- "Nigerian Unity Schools: Grace to Grass."
- Miles Of Smiles Nursery and pre-school Dubai al Barsha
- 6 Fabulous Tips to Find the Best Dissertation Topics
- Here Are Some Ways For Your College Assignment Help In Australia
- Discipline (Sanskar), It is a Eight Fold Path. This will maintain peace and humanity among human. This is only true sanskar.
- Educational Inequality in India
- Creative Activities to Keep Your Children Busy and Learning Even at Home
- Changing the Focus of Conversation within Special Education
- Brain-based learning model.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse and Its Impact on Special Education
- What California’s Leaders Must Do Next to Advance Student Learning During COVID-19.
- THE PSYCHOLOGICAL AND EMOTIONAL TRUMA OF CANING CHILDREN, GHANA
- WHY IS EDUCATION IMPORTANT?
- How To Deal With Your Japanese Colleagues
- Impressive things in Japanese Schools
- Student Challenges in the New Normal Education: Challenges and Alternatives
- Implication of Artificial Intelligence on skill relevence and future education
- Is a primary school child too young to learn first aid?
- How to distinguish metal from non-metal?
- How Many Significant Numbers Are There in the Number You Have? Find Out the Answer Here
- Economic and Social Impact of Education 2020
- 5 Hurdles Women Leaders Face in Organizations
- Beautiful Polytechnic Education System In Bangladesh
- The Quality Tool Book: Matrix Analysis 2nd Edition Solutions Manual