Johnny Depp: His Best Performance Yet!
- Author Brad Richardson
- Published July 8, 2022
- Word count 360
The Google Trends tool is an amazing feature of Google and it can be used to visibly show the search volume for nearly any subject you can imagine. I typed in "Johnny Depp" the other night and the searches for his name were flatlined until the six-week-long defamation trial against Amber Heard.
The Court TV drama did some amazing things for Depp. No, I'm not referring to the $10 million compensatory ruling or the $5 million punitive award. Depp will never receive that money from Heard because she can't afford to pay it and Depp's attorneys have hinted that they may not press for the payments.
My favorite movie for Depp was his portrayal of John Dillinger in Public Enemies. He was great in that role and he has had several other movie roles where he has demonstrated his acting prowess. But his daily Court TV performances were perhaps his best. It accomplished three things for the actor.
First, Depp accomplished a public relations coup during the six-week spectacle. The social media #JohnnyDeppisinnocent reached a peak of 1.4 billion! Depp was trending at zero in Google Trends until the trial and then spiked to the maximum 100 score. Depp went from a public relations non-factor to a sizzling hot Google trend.
Second, Johnny improved his chances of getting good roles in future movies. According to a Disney executive, Depp will have a great chance at being in the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie. That would not have been possible prior to the Heard trial.
Third, Depp improved his image, at least the perception of that image. He was frequently laughing and joking with his legal team while Heard was too often seen sulking and frowning. This was an academy award performance by Johnny Depp.
The Court TV drama was the most viewed episode since the network was resurrected in 2019. More than 500,000 viewers saw more than a relationship gone bad, they saw a great actor doing what he does best. If he never collects a dime from Heard he will still be millions of dollars ahead with a total character make over.
It was his best performance ever!
Photo by E. Diop on Unsplash
There are no posted comments.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Watch Order: From Start to Finish
- 15 NSFW Anime You Shouldn’t Watch in Public
- How to Watch Boruto in Order
- How to Watch Demon Slayer in Order with Movies: From Start to Finish
- The Ever-Evolving Landscape of Entertainment: From Traditional to Digital
- US actor Allison Mack was released early from prison due to the Nxivm cult.
- Did Dragonheart improve Dennis Quaid's acting skills?
- My Favorite Movie
- One Piece Shirts for Men and Women: A Perfect Gift for Anime Fans
- Best Places to Watch Monster Anime Online
- Who Killed Tanjiro’s Family in Demon Slayer?
- The Wild West: A Look at the Top 5 Classic Western Movies
- Get the best cinema experience
- Where to Watch Spy Family Online
- Where to Watch Pokemon Online
- Superheroes are no longer entertaining
- Where to Watch Movie Streaming and Download TV Episodes
- Determination & hard work pays off
- The Batman: The Greatest CBM Of The Last Ten Years.
- Why Godzilla and Kong should have a rematch in GvK 2?
- Review on The Longest Yard 2005 film
- Top 10 Best Prison or Jail Movies of All Time
- “Finding Ola”: We all need a SECOND CHANCE
- Òran na h-Eala (2022)
- Best YouTube Downloader
- Arsalan Malik- the Successful Film Lover with Big Dreams
- Independent Filmmaker and Emmy Winning Sound Studio Attempt to Reimagine the Original Star Wars with a TikTok Style Mashup
- Watch Fairy Tail
- Violet Evergarden Review