5 Reasons to Call a Professional Plumber for Drain Cleaning
- Author William Koonce
- Published November 10, 2022
- Word count 831
So, you think something inside your drain obstructs the channel and would like to clear it out. But how are you going to do that? What is the best way to clean your drains? Should you do it yourself or hire a professional plumber?
Doing it yourself typically means using a chemical drain cleaner. But while this is a quick method to get water flowing through the drains again, there are good reasons why it is not a good option, warns Rent Appeal, especially if you consider the long-term impact of this solution.
Most homeowners use chemical drain cleaners because they think they save time and money. But the sad truth is that chemical drain cleaners do not save you money. Using them in your drains will cost you more money in the future.
How is that?
Why you should never use chemical drain cleaners
Chemical drain cleaners contain corrosives, principally sulfuric acid and caustic soda. These chemicals are so corrosive that after about five seconds of being inside your drains, they will not only start to eat away at the debris inside the pipes but also corrode them.
But the damage to your plumbing is not immediately evident when you use a chemical drain cleaner. That’s because drain cleaners thin out the pipes, making your plumbing fragile, more susceptible to leaks, and exposing your home to a greater risk of water damage.
The other reason not to use chemical drain cleaners is for personal safety. When using drain cleaners, you must wear rubber gloves and protective goggles. Additionally, you must pour the chemical very slowly because if it splashes on your skin, it will cause burns.
However, even if you succeed in pouring a drain cleaner into your drain without getting it on your skin or your eyes, drain cleaners sit inside your drain pipes for a long time. If the drain cleaner inside the pipe mixes with other cleaners, it can release deadly gases into your home.
So, if drain cleaners are harmful, what is the alternative?
You can buy a hand auger or plunger for nearly the same amount you pay for a chemical drain cleaner. These effectively remove clogs near the drain opening and can be used repeatedly. There are also lots of natural drain cleaning methods you can use.
But these methods do not address the root cause of the clogs in your drains. They only work as short-term fixes. The best long-term solution for keeping your drains in good condition is to hire a professional plumber. Why should you take this option?
Benefits of hiring a professional plumber
Solve problems effectively
Unlike when homeowners try to solve issues in their plumbing, a professional plumber does not just focus on the symptoms of the problem. A professional plumber will find the root cause of the problem.
Also, unlike chemical drain cleaners, which do not distinguish between the debris inside the pipes and the PVC, metal, or enamel of your plumbing, the professional plumber can pinpoint the cause of the problem and solve it effectively.
They can educate you
Most blockages inside your drains are caused by the improper use of the drains, such as when you flush fats, oils, and grease (FOGs) into the drain or misuse of the garbage disposal.
A professional plumber can prevent future problems by identifying behaviors contributing to your plumbing issues. They can give you advice that will help you avoid future problems and save costs.
Detect problems early
Most plumbing problems start as minor issues with early warning signs of the impending catastrophe. Blockages happen when those initial signs are overlooked. A professional plumber can save you money by catching problems at the beginning stages and solving them before they become significant costs; instead of compounding your plumbing issues, as chemical drain cleaners would, professional plumbers help you avoid problems.
A local plumber can help you do routine maintenance of your plumbing. Rather than wait for problems to happen before you pay attention to your drains, regular maintenance of the system will prevent issues.
For instance, a camera inspection of your drains does not cost much, but this simple step will save you the thousands of dollars you would have spent to fix damage caused by a sewer backup.
A professional plumber will help you keep your plumbing up to date. From information about new regulations to innovative plumbing products that have just entered the market, your plumber is more in touch with the industry.
They can ensure that instead of merely spending money to keep the system running, you can invest your money to improve your plumbing system. A professional plumber can help you build a resilient system with fewer problems and lower costs.
To sum up, why should you call a professional plumber for drain cleaning services? The straightforward answer is that only a professional plumber can clear the debris inside your drains. Chemical drain cleaners and other methods will not do it.
Chicago Plumbing Experts plumbing blog. Based out of Chicago, Illinois. Here you fill find helpful tips and tricks and local plumbing related articles.
https://www.chicagoplumbingexperts.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Carlisle
- The Advantages of Having a Cleaner in Belfast
- The Advantages of Having a Cleaner in Abingdon
- The Advantages of Hiring a Cleaner in Dartford.
- The Advantages of Hiring a Cleaner in Westminster
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Bromley
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Abergavenny
- The Advantages of Hiring a Cleaner in Camden
- The Benefits of Hiring a Cleaner in Sheffield
- The Benefits of Hiring a Cleaner in Fleet
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Thurso
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Haringey
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Cardiff
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Liverpool
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Swansea
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Wellingborough
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Sittingbourne
- The Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaner in Wilmslow
- How Often Should I Have My Carpets Professionally Cleaned?
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Bury
- Discover The Benefits of Having a Domestic Cleaner in Kingston Upon Thames
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Romford
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Edinburgh
- The Benefits of Having a Cleaner in Poole
- Benefits of Having a Professional Cleaning Service in Weybridge
- Tips For Finding a Local Cleaning Service in Bournemouth
- Tips For Finding a Local Cleaning Service in Scarborough
- Carpet Cleaning: Why It's Better to Leave it to the Professionals
- Tips for Finding a Reliable Local Cleaning Service in Sittingbourne
- Say Goodbye to Cleaning Chores: How to Find a Trustworthy Local Cleaning Service