5 Reasons Why Traveling is Important in Your Twenties
- Author Amaya Oswald
- Published December 19, 2022
- Word count 577
Most young adults enjoy going on vacation, whether it be a tropical vacay to the Bahamas, backpacking around Europe, or road-tripping around the states. However, what most young people don’t realize until they start traveling is that it is these experiences can dramatically change who you are and the course of your life, wherever you go. From gaining new experiences and perspectives to meeting people you would never have known otherwise, traveling is never what you expect it to be – in the best way possible. If you’re looking for some motivation to get out and explore, keep reading to find out why traveling is important in your twenties.
Traveling Helps You Build Meaningful Friendships
If you’re traveling alone, you’re not only going to learn how to become content being by yourself, but you are going to start developing social skills that will be with you for the rest of your life. In this way, traveling is an especially good idea if you are shy. Going alone will force you to open up to those around you, and you might end up making friends with people you’d never have expected to meet.
Traveling Helps You Learn New Languages and Cultures
Another reason why traveling is important in your twenties is that it provides a broad education without necessarily attending college. You don’t have to become fluent in a language in one trip, but becoming well-versed in a new culture and being able to communicate in a new language are important because these skills allow you to connect with new people who may have entirely different life experiences to you. As Divya Premkumar writes for ViaTravelers.com, “getting to experience this [new cultures] helps us grow psychologically in a way that no classroom or book ever could.”
Traveling Allows You To Reflect
One reason why traveling is important in your twenties is the way it allows you to reflect. If you’re a young adult, you’re probably familiar with the feeling of not knowing what exactly you’re doing or what you want to do. Traveling gives you a sense of direction and allows you to reflect on your life while you’re away. The best way to gain clarity on what was making you unhappy back home is to escape, returning with a new sense of self and maybe some ideas about how you could fix things.
Planning A Trip Proves What You Envisioned Can Come True
Depending on how much preparation is necessary to plan your trip, it can be quite an accomplishment to just make it on the plane. Other times, all you did was buy a ticket and hope for the best. Either way, envisioning a trip and committing to it will make you feel like anything’s possible.
Traveling Will Help You Make Decisions About Where You Want to Live
One reason why traveling is important in your twenties is the way it can help you decide what you want and where you might want to live in the future. Traveling will either make you appreciate all the little things you love about home or decide you never want to go back. Instead, you might decide to take up residence in a new part of the world. Either way, it’s important to feel a sense of appreciation for where you live and if you’re in your twenties, this is the perfect time to do it.
Written by Amaya Oswald for Spinnr
There are no posted comments.
- Simple DIY Tips to Get Your RV Rubber Roof Repair Done in a Breeze!
- How to choose the perfect engagement ring
- Be a Human Rights Advocate
- Foamtastic Fun: 7 Reasons to Foam It Up in Austin!
- Why Fiftyonebrand is Making a Name for Itself in Streetwear
- Who will benefit from knee joint replacement surgery?
- Is Etching Concrete Necessary? Weighing The Pros and Cons Of This Home Improvement Method
- Tips to sell your home in 2023
- Can you install Perfect Fit® blinds?
- 7 Creative and Memorable Date Ideas for Couples
- Revocable Living Dynasty Trust (RLDT)
- Key Retirement & Estate Planning Tools
- Improve Loading & Unloading Operations With Walkboards
- The Evolution of Using Digital Downloads
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions about Snorkeling with Turtles in Oahu
- Does Homeopathy Work to Help Health Problems?
- HOW ECO-FRIENDLY SHIRTS CAN SAVE THE PLANET (AND YOUR STYLE)
- Is Spanish food really all that?
- Are your emotional coping skills preventing you from achieving career success?
- How Pilates can help lower your blood pressure
- Why Having Good Oral Health Matters
- ChatGPT on Marketing: The first-ever published extensive interview with a machine on the subject.
- Is empathy over blown and exaggerated?
- 10 Quick Tips For Creating Engaging YouTube Videos In Less Than One Minute
- The Ultimate Guide to Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
- Improving The State Of Your Mental Health Through Emotional Intelligence
- The Best Outbound Calling Software for Businesses
- Dangerous New Epidemics in our Country and in the World--Hate and Anger
- Beginners Guide For Selecting A Camping Chair If You Are Heavy
- Power Washing Services in Chicago; DIY or Hire a Pro?