Moved To A New City? 5 Easy Ways to Make Friends Right Now
- Author Amaya Oswald
- Published December 20, 2022
- Word count 524
Sometimes, true friendships are hard to come by, especially if you just relocated and are feeling lonely. While starting a new life in a massive city can be intimidating, one of the benefits of being around so many people is that there are always like-minded people to meet. Finding “forever friends” is easier said than done, though. That’s why we have put together a comprehensive list of 5 easy ways to make new friends right now — and for some of these, you won’t even have to leave your couch.
- Take Public Transportation or Join A Carpool
So many casual conversations begin while you are waiting for the train or bus. If you’re someone who is typically riding solo in your car to work, plan to take public transportation or join a carpool group online. Most likely, you’ll find yourself making friends with people you would never have met otherwise.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Go to Events Alone
Going to events alone is an easy way to find like-minded people. When you are going to events with people you know, you are less likely to mingle with those you don’t. Additionally, going places alone helps to develop your individual social skills. Of course, make sure you pick an event you are interested in. Think of your favorite concert, a volunteer opportunity you’re interested in, or a class you’ve been wanting to try.
- Get Roommates
If you’re the type of person that likes to have a big social life, you might consider having roommates. Cheaper rent isn’t the only benefit of having roommates when you first arrive in a new city. Roommates can help take the edge off of any loneliness you feel. If you’re looking to make some lifelong memories, this is a great option. Additionally, research shows that roommates are helpful for avoiding emotional and physical health issues.
- Join Groups Online
Joining local clubs, organizations, networking events, and volunteering opportunities on social networks are all easy ways to make friends right now. For example, join your local book club, dog-walking group, workout class, or fan club, or attend a cultural event. In addition, a major plus is that a lot of events will provide catering, so get ready for some free snacks!
Having a furry friend can help you ease into conversations with strangers. For example, when people stop to pet your dog while you’re at the park, use that social interaction as a conversation starter. You know you already have one thing in common: You both like dogs!
- Reach Out To Friends of Friends Who Live Nearby
There’s no shame in reaching out to friends of current friends who live in your new city, and you might just meet some cool people this way. The best way to do this is to have a casual housewarming party, and don’t forget to invite your new neighbors!
If this article helped you learn easy ways to make friends right now, let us know in the comments: What are some unconventional things you did to make friends in a new place?
Written by Amaya Oswald for Spinnr
There are no posted comments.
- Why Incorporating Hex Bars into Your Strength Training Routine is a Game-Changer
- Enhancing Oral Hygiene: The Power of Electric Toothbrushes
- Healthcare's Digital Transformation Re-eingeneered
- The Rise of Affordable Electric Toothbrushes: Affordable Dental Care at Your Fingertips
- "Vax Vacuum Parts: My Personal Guide to Keeping Your Vacuum Cleaner in Top Shape"
- Understanding Vax Vacuum Parts: A Comprehensive Guide
- "Inside the Machine: A Comprehensive Guide to Vacuum Cleaner Parts and Their Functions"
- Achieve Superior Oral Hygiene with the Oral-B Pro 500 Electric Toothbrush
- The Blossoming Power Of Nature: How Flowers Can Nurture Physical And Mental Wellbeing
- The Key to Establishing a Healthy Sleep Routine for Babies, Toddlers, and Children
- How to Optimize and Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- How to Plan and Host a Successful Garage Sale: A Quick Guide
- Arborist Reports and Expert Consultation
- Stylish Men’s T-Shirts: Unforgettable Gift Ideas for Every Occasion!
- The Power of 3D Prototypes: Transforming Ideas into Tangible Innovations
- Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- What Makes WordPress an Incredibly Powerful Blogging System?
- What Are the 10 Scariest Things About WordPress Blogging?
- How is WordPress the Best Choice for a Website?
- How to Find the Perfect Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums: A Comprehensive Buyer's Guide
- How To Buy An Electric Toothbrush Under $50
- Parenting Influence on the Child’s Mental Health
- Unforgettable Stag Do: Exploring the Best European Destinations
- The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Dimout or screen fabric?
- Recognizing and Preventing Hard Drive Failure: Safeguarding Your Data
- Choosing the Right CMS for Website Design and Development
- Exploring Digital Marketing Trends in 2023
- The Marvelous World of Cigar Box Guitars: A Testament to Creativity and Musical Ingenuity
- How to Choose the Perfect Sonicare Toothbrush