Dining Out with a Gluten Allergy? Here’s What You Need to Know About Vietnamese Cuisine
- Author Torontopho
- Published November 13, 2022
- Word count 587
Dining Out with a Gluten Allergy? Here's What You Need to Know About Vietnamese Cuisine.
When you have a gluten allergy, dining out can be a bit of a challenge. You have to be extra careful about what you order to ensure that you don't accidentally ingest something that will make you sick. And even if a dish is technically gluten-free, there's always the risk of cross-contamination if the kitchen isn't careful.
If you're craving Vietnamese food but wondering if it's safe for you to eat, don't worry! We're here to help. Read on for a comprehensive guide to Vietnamese cuisine and what dishes you should avoid if you have a gluten allergy.
Vietnamese Food 101
Vietnamese cuisine is renowned for its fresh ingredients, vibrant flavours, and light sauces. Everyday staples include rice, noodles, meats, and vegetables. Herbs and spices are used sparingly, allowing the ingredients' natural flavours to shine through.
There are four main regions in Vietnam, each with its unique culinary tradition. In the north, dishes tend to be hearty and filling, while southern dishes are typically lighter and more refreshing. The central region is known for its spicy food, while the Mekong Delta region is famous for its sweet and sour dishes.
No matter what region your meal comes from, there are certain Vietnamese dishes that you should avoid if you have a gluten allergy.
Here are some of the most common offenders:
Bánh Mì: This famous street food sandwich is traditionally made with a rice flour or wheat flour baguette filled with meats, pickled vegetables, and fresh herbs. While some variations use a rice paper wrapper instead of a bread roll, most bánh mì will contain gluten and should be avoided.
Bún Thịt Nướng: This dish consists of grilled marinated pork or shrimp served over vermicelli rice noodles with fresh herbs and pickled vegetables. The marinade for the meat usually contains soy sauce, which contains gluten. Additionally, vermicelli noodles are often made from wheat flour and include gluten.
Pho Phở is a noodle soup traditionally made with beef or chicken broth, rice noodles, meats, and fresh herbs. The broth is usually thickened with wheat flour, which makes it off-limits for those with gluten allergies. The noodles may also be made with wheat flour instead of rice flour, so they contain gluten.
Chả Giò: These fried egg rolls are typically filled with ground pork, shrimp, and vegetables like cabbage or carrots. The wrapper is made from wheat flour dough, so it contains gluten. Additionally, the dipping sauce is often made with fish sauce or soy sauce (both of which contain gluten), so it should also be avoided.
Eating out can be tricky when you have a gluten allergy—but it doesn't have to be! You can enjoy a delicious and safe meal at your favourite restaurant with some research. Just remember to steer clear of bánh mì sandwiches, bún thịt nướng (grilled marinated pork or shrimp over vermicelli rice noodles), phở noodle soup, and chả giò (fried egg rolls). With these dishes off the table (pun intended), you're sure to enjoy a delicious—and safe—meal!
If you’re looking for Asian-style Pho soup in Vaughan, Toronto, Woodbridge, or Hamilton visit TorontoPho.com.
We are a growing Vietnamese restaurant committed to serving authentically prepared Asian Vietnamese foods done right and healthy. Our PHO is a proud creation, alongside so many of our other menu items. Call us or Come on by and pick up a bowl!
TorontoPHO is an authentic Vietnamese restaurant with 4 locations in Toronto, Woodbridge, North York, and Hamilton cities open late at Night:
Delicious Vietnamese dishes menu: https://www.torontopho.com/vietnamese-restaurant-menu.htmlArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Unforgettable Stag Do: Exploring the Best European Destinations
- The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Dimout or screen fabric?
- Recognizing and Preventing Hard Drive Failure: Safeguarding Your Data
- Choosing the Right CMS for Website Design and Development
- Exploring Digital Marketing Trends in 2023
- The Marvelous World of Cigar Box Guitars: A Testament to Creativity and Musical Ingenuity
- How to Choose the Perfect Sonicare Toothbrush
- How to Shoot Better Product Photography?
- Audit The Fed
- What Makes HydraFacial a Revolutionary Skincare Treatment
- A Beginner's Guide to Pottery Clay: Getting Started with the Basics
- What is Contract Packaging?
- MPMsoft to AllMed PM: Empowering Medical Practices with Comprehensive Billing Software
- The Rewards of Owning Your Own Medical Billing Business: Empowering Flexibility, Income Potential, and Software Excellence
- Off-Site Medical Billers: The Solution for Small Practices
- Streamline Your Medical Billing Process with Advanced Medical Billing Software
- What Do You Need to Know About WordPress Security?
- How To Be More Successful At Blogging To Make Money
- How to Use a Security Checklist to Help Keep Your Blog Safe From Hackers
- What are the Best Reasons to Use WordPress?
- What Does Blogging Mean?
- Your smile can be brighter with less effort
- Add some sparkle to your look with this teeth whitening trick
- Why Businesses Should Outsource Their Logistics To Professional Courier Companies
- The Surprising Health Benefits Of Eating Spicy Food
- 30 Convincing Reasons Why Ordering Spa Sandals Wholesale is Smart Thinking for Your Beauty Business
- AmputeeAmber: Shattering Stereotypes and Redefining Beauty in the Online Sex Work Industry
- Do people still wear designer belts?
- What Is The Best Brands for Belts?