Top Destinations in Zimbabwe
- Author Lewis Taylor
- Published September 1, 2023
- Word count 859
Zimbabwe is a beautiful country in Southern Africa. The country is well known for its abundant and diverse wildlife within its borders. Many people travel worldwide to see the Big Five animals (the African elephant, the African lion, the rhinoceros, the leopard, and the Cape buffalo). Zimbabwe is a great place to visit for those seeking true adventure on an authentic African safari. There are special places within the country that are unspoiled by mankind and remain the way they were thousands of years ago when first seen by early human beings. This article shall describe three wonderful destinations that guests should consider visiting if they ever have the opportunity to travel to Zimbabwe.
The first destination that guests should visit is the Victoria Falls. The Victoria Falls is a jewel in Africa. It is a wonderful place to visit in Zimbabwe. The Victoria Falls is also one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. It is only comparable to other world wonders such as the United States Grand Canyon. The sheer size of these spectacles is difficult to comprehend if you have never seen them with your own eyes. The waterfall is the largest falling curtain of water on the planet. What also makes the area around the Victoria Falls especially remarkable is the abundant wildlife. Guests visiting this area get to enjoy game drives into the surrounding national parks where they are sure to see wildlife ranging from lions to crocodiles. Part of the main attraction that draws guests to visit from all over the world is the activities available to visitors. For those who have a taste for adrenaline activities, there are high-wire activities such as zip lining and bungee jumping. Guests can also go on booze cruises along the Zambezi River. Here you can enjoy drinks ranging from international whiskeys such as Johnny Walker Black and Jameson or some of our local blends. It is almost certain that guests will see plenty of wildlife on the banks of the Zambezi as they enjoy their cruise.
The second destination in Zimbabwe that guests should visit if they ever have the opportunity is Hwange National Park. Hwange National Park is the largest National Park in Zimbabwe. This national park is the New York of the animal kingdom. it is a melting pot of diverse and abundant wildlife. Hwange National Park is known as the land of giants, this is because of the large populations of elephants within the park. There are no fences here at all. The oldest roads here are the ones used and forged by elephants. The roads have been used for countless thousands of years. The park received notoriety in 2015, when Cecil, the male lion that resided within the national park was killed by an American hunter. The lion was being tracked and studied by a research team from the University of Oxford. The thirteen-year-old lion was lured out of the protected national park and killed by a trophy hunter. The killing of Cecil the lion drew a large amount of international media attention and highlighted the injustice of the sport of trophy hunting. Many Zimbabweans and people all over the world agree that trophy hunting is no sport. It is a barbaric crime to needlessly kill wildlife in Africa.
The final destination in Zimbabwe that guests should visit if they ever have the opportunity is the Matopos Hills. The Matopos Hills is a national park this is less than fifty kilometers outside the city of Bulawayo. Bulawayo is the second largest city in Zimbabwe. Guests usually find accommodation in Bulawayo, hire a car, and then take a short drive to the Matopos Hills. This place is famous for having the largest concentration of leopards on the planet. The park is an unspoiled wilderness that is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is also famous for the "world's view". This is a beautiful and scenic part of the park where one can see far into the distance in this garden of Eden. The grave of Cecil John Rhodes is located in the national park. He was an imperialist businessman who founded the country Rhodesia, which he named after himself. The country's name was later changed from Rhodesia to Zimbabwe once the nation gained its independence from the British. This is one of the few places on the planet with a healthy population of rhinos. One of the most popular activities that guests can enjoy at this place is tracking rhinos on foot.
In conclusion, Zimbabwe is a wonderful country to visit. It is a country where visitors are sure to see plenty of diverse wildlife. If you are ever lucky enough to be able to try Zimbabwe on holiday, you should consider visiting Hwange National Park, Victoria Falls, or the Matopos Hills. A visit to Africa is truly refreshing and rejuvenating. When you return to your home country, you will have a brand new appreciation for nature and your place within nature. This holiday is a welcomed relief from the busy modern world. It is true to say that travel is the only thing that one can buy that makes you richer.
There are no posted comments.
- The Risks of Using StreamFab Crack Versions and the Importance of Legitimate Software
- Plastic Pollution and the Importance of Plastic Recycling
- Best Oven Cleaner London (2023): Revive Your Oven
- Eliminating Damp Smell
- Find The Best Feather Duster Now
- The Ultimate Guide to Wedding Entertainment Ideas
- The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Wedding Entertainment Tips and Tricks
- The Power of Music - Choosing the Right Wedding Entertainment
- Unique Wedding Entertainment Ideas to Wow Your Guests
- What is a dental filling?
- Learn to ride an e-Foil (electric hydrofoil) in New York; access, inclusion, and benefits.
- This Financial “FORMula” Will Help You Plan Around What Matters Most
- Discovering Romania by Car: Your Essential Guide to Car Rentals
- 06 Reasons Why the Role of Social Media is Vital in Public Relations
- Mobile Suit Gundam Watch Order: From Start to Finish
- Residency and Taxation in Andorra, Bulgaria, and the UAE - Tax Haven Options
- Interlocking Brick Driveway: Durability and Elegance Combined
- Fly Smart with AviaGuru: Your Ultimate Travel Companion
- DEBUNKING HOME REPORT MYTHS
- "Ilaria Lean Belly Juice: Embarking on a Wholesome Wellness Journey" ?
- American Legion Under Fire: Battling Sexism Within
- High-Quality Ash Wood Textures Pack. Elevate Your Design Projects.
- The Best AI Tool Directory
- Sustainable buildings: the role of real estate development in environmental conservation
- Shopping for a Bed in Randburg
- Seeing Wildlife on a Safari Package Holiday
- Seeing African Wildlife on a Safari Holiday
- Finding a Hotel in Bulawayo
- Activities to Enjoy on Your Holiday to Bulawayo