WHAT IS UHMW? UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene)
- Author Emma Helfrich
- Published October 31, 2023
- Word count 407
UHMW is used around the world in 1000’s of applications from packaging, marine and aircraft industries. Not only does Ultra High Molecular Weight not wear down and decompose (like metals), it has the lowest coefficient of friction for plastic.
With a molecular weight 10 times higher than it’s closest resin, UHMW results in excellent mechanical properties such as high abrasion resistance, impact strength and cold temperature adaptability.
SNOW PLOW SNOW SHOVEL ABRASION RESISTANCE
UHMW’s material is excellent for sliding applications (low coefficient of friction). Snow in powder, slush, packed or any form slides off THE SNOWPLOW “THE ORGINAL SNOW PUSHER” shovels making the snow removal process less aggressive on both your body and the shovel vs. sticking to an average snow shovel. This alleviates the need to “scoop” snow with your back but rather acts as a plow efficiently moving snow to the side.
THE SNOWPLOW IMPACT RESISTANCE
In our research and development of creating the best snow removal tool, the solution is obvious. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene has remarkable impact strength. Thousands of snow removal professionals choose this option for its durability, impact strength, self sharpening blade and ease of use.
THE SNOWPLOW “THE ORIGINAL SNOW SHOVEL” uses only the highest quality Virgin UHMW Polyethylene meaning you are getting the original “virgin” resin compared to other processes here:
Reprocessed UHMW. Our shovels are not made of reprocessed UHMW which is derived of different densities scraps and spill over in manufacturing plants and mashed back together (resulting in a much lower molecular weight and hindered performance).
Exotic UHMW. This causes altering of both the density and molecular weight. The exotic mixtures include adding an entirely different compound like silicone, oil, fiberglass, talc or other additives.
For what we’re trying to achieve (the best durable, high quality, ease of use snow pusher available) we use only VIRGIN ULTRA HIGH MOLECULAR WEIGHT POLYETHYLENE.
Other amazing physical properties of UHMW include a density of 0.96 so it can float and can take extremely cold temperatures. Hence another perk in snowy climates.
We go back the saying, “you get what you pay for.” The creator of THE SNOWPLOW “THE ORIGINAL SNOW PUSHER” has researched and tested hundreds of materials over the last 25 years and still does today. JM Enterprises does one thing, makes the best snow removal products and stands by them. Investing in this far superior product won’t have you left out in the cold!
Made in the U.S.AArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Succulents and Sweetness: Crafting the Perfect Valentine's Day Gift
- A Day of Serenity and Joy: My Encounter with the Hanging Egg Chair
- GROWING AND NURTURING THE DURIAN FRUIT TREE
- The Art of Container Gardening: Growing Plants in Small Spaces
- garden lawn edging and mulch paint
- Medical Gardening
- 7 Tricks and Tips for Starting Your Own Backyard Garden
- Bring the Tropics to Your Home: A Guide to Calathea Plants
- The future of reforestation efforts: trends and strategies
- What do you want to build in your backyard?
- The Importance of Tree Service
- Expert Advice For Tree Service
- Plant. Prune. Preserve.
- How To Get Rid of Gypsy Moth Caterpillars
- ”She Shed” Design Ideas for the Modern Woman
- How to Use an Electric Paint Sprayer?
- Identifying a dangerous tree in your garden
- The Best Options For Front Yard Trees
- Advantages of Gardening for Seniors
- New biotechnologies in crop production
- LED Grow Lights Is Helpful For Your Plants?
- A Beautiful Garden Is Just A Few Helpful Tips Away!
- Build A Beautiful Organic Garden With These Ideas
- The Importance of Soil Testing
- 5 Tips For Planting Roses
- Without trees, we all die. 10 reasons to love your trees!
- How to Start a Lawn from Seed
- Best Flowerbed Weed Control Service Provider in Tallahassee
- The best shrubs for hedges