- Author Ross Bainbridge
- Published October 14, 2006
- Word count 352
Supermodels are models, usually female, working with exclusive brands and getting paid exorbitantly for their services. Most supermodels are the brand ambassadors of the products they endorse. Some notable ones are Kate Moss with Calvin Klein, Cindy Crawford with Pepsi, etc. Supermodels can achieve tremendous celebrity status throughout the world, and can be counted next only to Hollywood actors in the fame quotient within the glamour industry.
Janice Dickinson of the 1980s can be credited with coining the word ‘supermodel’. She is considered to be the world’s first supermodel; at least, she proclaimed herself to be so. Other models who were her contemporaries and equal contenders for the title of supermodel were Cheryl Tiegs and Suzy Parker. Records state that Lisa Fonssagrives is one of the most famous supermodels of that decade, having modeled for 200 covers of Vogue magazine, among several other achievements. The word ‘supermodel’ is an offshoot of the word ‘superstar’ made famous by Andy Warhol in the 1960s. Today, the parameter for considering a model a supermodel is that she should have earned at least $20 million in her career.
Models famous in the nineties were Linda Evangelista, Kate Moss, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, Tyra Banks and Cindy Crawford. Both Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell have broken reservations among the fashion industry. Kate Moss with her waif-like body still became a supermodel, while Naomi Campbell was the first real colored supermodel to grace the cover of the Vogue magazine. She is today the third-richest supermodel in the world. Cindy Crawford is best known for her nude modeling for Playboy and her immensely popular MTV show House of Style.
There has been a drastic change in supermodels over the decades. Earlier, models were chosen mostly for their sex appeal. However, today it is their poise, personality and conduct that matter. Supermodels have to be strong, as their job often involves grueling hard work. It is considered terribly difficult to get a foothold in the fashion industry, and maintaining a top position is just as difficult. Almost very supermodel has given interviews describing her initial rejections and ridicule within the industry.
Super Models provides detailed information on Models, Super Models, Plus Size Models, Male Models and more. Super Models is affiliated with Layered Hair Styles.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your smile can be brighter with less effort
- What Is The Best Brands for Belts?
- Gold Rings - Timeless Symbols of Elegance and Commitment
- Sleep in Comfort and Convenience with Mackly's Compatible Sleepwear
- The Luxurious and Timeless Charm of Michael Kors Gold Collection
- Adding That European Flair: How Custom Euro Tote Bags Can Elevate Your Store's Fashion Game
- "Clear Vision in the City of Liverpool: A Guide to Specsavers' Eye Care Services"
- How to choose the perfect engagement ring
- Sunglasses as a Valentine’s Day Gift
- Why Fiftyonebrand is Making a Name for Itself in Streetwear
- Shades of Perfection: How to Choose the Right Wholesale Sunglasses
- Best minimalist leather wallet for men
- Types of Shoes That Every Woman Should Own
- Best Prescription WileyX Safety Glasses
- Ankle Boots: Keeping It Stylish From Summer To Fall
- Best Leather Jackets for Men of 2022
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Embroider Your Uniforms and Hi Vis Workwear in Australia
- 3 Reasons Why Embroidery Digitizing Is The Right Choice For Businesses
- Online Diamond Jewelry Company to Try Out
- - Back to the 50s italian style with the Magnet Jewels invented by PIN UP Gioielli
- The Children and Babywear brand to look out for this spring!
- Top 10 Best Alexandrite Gift for Your Girlfriend
- How to put a summer wardrobe together
- Top Tips to Choose the Best Mascara for You
- Women's tights - trends spring/summer 2022
- What is the Best Setting for an Engagement Ring?
- Comfortable Shoes for Men – Shoes for All Outfits
- Architects Of Change: Ushering A New Era or Just Another Streetwear Brand?
- WOMEN'S STREETWEAR TRENDS 2021 | AESTHETIC FASHION GUIDE
- 5 Reasons To Wear Hair Scrunchies On Your Wrist