History of Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Author Kevin Stith
- Published November 11, 2006
- Word count 380
Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) is one of the software automation processes that directly convert the product drawing or the object into the code design that enables the machine to manufacture the product. It is used in various machines like lathes and milling machines for the product manufacturing purposes. It allows the computer work instructions to communicate directly to the manufacturing machines.
The mechanism of CAM developed from the Computer Numerical Machines (CNC) in the early 1950’s. These systems were directed by a set of coded instructions in a punched paper tape. The proposal to develop the first numerically controlled machine was commissioned to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from the US Air Force in the year 1949. The entire proposed idea of developing this machine was demonstrated in the year 1952.
The motivation factor in developing these kinds of numerically automated machines involves the expensive costs in manufacturing the complex curved geometries in 2D or 3D constraints mechanically. The development of these machines considers the factors like easier programming in CAM and easy storage of programs. A program can be changed easily and avoid manual errors. Numerically controlled machines are safer to operate, and the complex geometry comes at a reasonable price.
James T. Parsons proposed the concept of the numerical control operations during the year of 1948. In 1950, the MIT servo mechanism lab developed the Numerical Control (NC) milling project. The remaining program parts were released in the later period of 1952 along with the first successful demo version. After 1955, major companies in the industry developed their own machine designs.
IBM’s Automatic Tool Changer in the year 1955, G & L’s first production of the skin-miller in the year 1957, and the machining center developed by K & T have all been considered to be major developments to promote the technology with more benefits. CAD drafting and the sculptured surfaces were developed in the year 1965; 7,700 NC’s were also installed during the same year.
During the year 1967, the concept of developing the CNC machine was proposed. The existence and the major development of the CAD/CAM machines evolved during the year 1972. 3D CAM/CAD systems were introduced in 1976. Expert CAM/CAD systems were developed in the year 1989. The major development of the CAM systems provides you with easier manufacturing of objects with high efficiency.
Applications of Computer Aided Manufacturing provides detailed information on Applications of Computer Aided Manufacturing, Cam And Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Design , Computer Aided Design Scanners and more. Applications of Computer Aided Manufacturing is affiliated with Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is metatarsus adductus?
- Small Businesses Shipping Solutions
- Why do runners get medial tibial stress syndrome?
- Why the job of a carer is vital at Christmas
- Testing the Ankle Joint Range of Motion
- How to detect the nerve damage that can occur in diabetes?
- Choosing a kitten
- Facial Cosmetic Treatment & Your Big Presentation: Does One Influence the Other?
- Best blinds for schools
- Is a Plant-Based Diet Good or Bad News for Your Oral Health?
- Future of Semiconductors Trucks & Windshield Repairs
- How does hypothyroidism affect the body?
- What is hydroxychloroquine used for?
- Small Business Cash Advance Loans - Fast and Easy
- Can blinds reduce energy bills?
- The Federal Trade Commission and the health claims for the Gravity Defyer Shoes
- Best places to visit in Peru
- What is the germ theory of disease?
- Why social media engagement beats follower count
- How to deal with growing pains in children?
- A Pall Settles Over America
- How To Approach Removing Asbestos Removal in Sydney
- Understanding the Impacts of Gout
- How is Parkinson's Disease Treated?
- The Importance of Tree Service
- Drones For Me
- Dining Out with a Gluten Allergy? Here’s What You Need to Know About Vietnamese Cuisine
- What are the fluoroquinolone medicines used for?
- Things Every Future Owner Must Know Before Purchasing A Subaru WRX
- Skoda KAROQ vs Skoda Kamiq: Which Is Better?