Find Unique Landscape Lights
- Author Andre Savoie
- Published June 16, 2009
- Word count 720
What is the best way to find truly unique landscape lighting? Skip the trip to Lowes or Home Depot and look online for great ideas to dress up your landscaping in unique ways.
One of the biggest ways to make your landscaping stand out is to make good use of lighting. When property owners think about landscaping, thoughts of gardens or tress are likely the first that come to mind. The lighting that is employed, however, is an integral part of creating a unique look in landscaping.
Highlight Outdoor Landscaping With Lighting Fixtures
In addition to being used to draw attention to specific locations after the sun sets, lighting fixtures can also serve as accents when they are not lit. Among the ways that they can be displayed to highlight outdoor landscaping are:
Path or entryway lighting
By mounting them on walls above flower beds
By placing them on posts in gardens or near bodies of water
By hanging lanterns from permanent structures
Try Copper Gas Lanterns for Unique Landscape Lights
There are many low voltage lighting options for outdoor landscaping – but one of the best ways to create unique landscape lighting is by using copper gas lanterns in your yard. Many homeowners opt for the elegance of copper gas lanterns as they offer an antique look with a warm natural tone.
Why Choose Gas Lanterns for a Unique Look:
Copper gas lanterns are particularly well suited for landscape lighting, as copper ages very well in the outdoors.
The variety of styles and power / fuel options allow lanterns to be placed wherever they are needed. With outdoor landscape lighting, homeowners and businesses can draw attention to attractive features of their properties and create interesting public and private spaces.
Natural lighting accents natural outdoor elements. Rather than using electric lighting, homeowners can choose gas lanterns with natural flames that can reflect off of surfaces like glass patio doors, ponds and pools. The size of the flame can be controlled with ease, so that it does not overshadow the landscaping the lighting is meant to accent.
Choose from traditional antique styles or more modern styles of lanterns
Great ideas for where to place lanterns for a unique look:
Only your imagination will limit where you can place a gas or electric lantern in order to achieve that unique look you are after. Among the most striking we install include:
The entryway to the home – front and rear entrances are natural locations for gas lanterns and can create a warm and inviting look with soft light.
Path lighting - few things are more stunning than a series of lanterns lining a walkway from the driveway to the house is also a popular option. While there are many low voltage lighting option at mega stores, the antique look of handmade lanterns is hard to beat.
Near ponds - These not only offer enough lighting that attractive outdoor landscaping can be seen in the evening hours, but the fixtures themselves can also serve as accents during the daytime.
Post mounted in gardens – lanterns can be mounted on a wooden post or on a natural type of column such as brick or stone. Natural stones and aged copper add great interest to a garden or patio environment.
Flexibility to Create Truly Unique Patio Lighting
Homeowners looking for patio lighting that can stand up to relatively severe environmental conditions should consider copper gas lanterns before opting for more standard low voltage lighting. Available in a number of styles, gas lanterns have been used for centuries and continue to be defining design elements in parts of New Orleans' French Quarter and historic Boston.
And while most lighting fixtures available today are produced in bulk, some skilled craftsmen continue to make copper gas lanterns by hand using the same techniques that have been used since colonial times. These time-tested methods ensure that the lanterns stand up to the elements and can provide patio and landscape lighting for decades to come.
At Flambeaux Lighting, our customers will find a full range of copper lanterns that can be used for patio lighting as well as indoor lighting. If you don't find the style you're looking for in our online catalog, email us or call us at 866-799-8443 and we can work with you to craft what you have in mind.
Andre’ Savoie writes for Flambeaux Lighting, builders of copper gas lanterns from their location in New Orleans, Louisiana. These handmade gas lanterns make wonderful unique landscape lighting options for homeowners seeking a special outdoor look.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews