Need a Humidifier?
- Author Stephen Haworth
- Published July 2, 2009
- Word count 530
Looking to find the best humidifier? There are many reasons that people purchase a humidifier. Whatever the reasons might be, a humidifier adds moisture to the air.
You should know the primary purpose of a humidifier, the different types of humidifiers, and which humidifier might be right for you.
A big reason today that people purchase humidifiers is for their newborn infants. Humidifiers help to moisturize the air, thus keeping tiny nasal passages moist to allow for better breathing.
A humidifier works even better than a fan because it puts water into the air. Many people with problems with their lungs benefit from sleeping with a humidifier also. One of the biggest benefits is to the sinuses and those who suffer from lung disorders.
A humidifier is not only for usage at night while you are sleeping. In the dry winter months the humidifier can keep a balance of moisture in the air to keep your skin and nasal passages from drying out too much.
Types of Humidifiers
The two different types are a cool mist humidifier and a warm mist humidifier.
A warm mist humidifier actually boils the water. In a cold room, the warm mist in the air is much easier to breathe for some people.
There are medications people put in their warm mist humidifiers also like Vicks VapoRub. Warm medicated mists help to clean out the sinuses and breathing passages. Doctors might prescribe a warm mist humidifier to be running in your home at all times.
Another good thing about a warm mist humidifier is that they are a little bit quieter than the cool mist humidifiers. You can buy a warm mist humidifier in a small portable unit.
You should use a humidifier if you suffer from your lips often being chapped; you have dry skin, sinus problems, dry cough, or trouble breathing. A humidifier can help with problems like this too.
Cool mist humidifiers work by placing water over a small wick that sprays up the mist vapor into the air. These can be used sort of like a mini-air conditioner in the summer months if you put ice water in the unit and use a fan to blow the cool vapor throughout the room.
Cool mist humidifiers help to ease chapped lips, dry cough, dry skin and sinus problems as well as breathing issues. Humidifiers also help to cut down with static electricity.
Humidifier Buying Advice
Things to consider when purchasing a unit:
Noise levels. Consider the noise levels of the room. You will want a quieter one for sleeping quarters. Some models come with a silence switch.
Ease or difficulty in handling. Some are big and bulky and hard to carry, while others are portable and easy to move from room to room. If you plan to keep the unit in one place, a larger bulky one would be okay.
And of course the type and capacity of the humidifier. If you plan to run one more often you will want a large capacity so you won’t have to be filling it up constantly. Keep in mind the size in proportion to the size of the room.
Find more reviews, resources and information on air conditioners, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, air purifiers, ceiling fans and fans at http://www.air-conditioner-review.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?
- Advice for an Environmentally Sustainable Home Build