- Author Deirdre Gonzales
- Published July 11, 2009
- Word count 415
In almost every home or Makati condo, you would find curtains hanging over windows. The purpose of these curtains goes beyond aesthetics. Aside from providing a design piece for your house or Makati condo, its main function is to act as coverings for your windows. One reason why you might want to cover your windows is for privacy and another is to block out light or sound.
These curtains are great opportunities to design an area of your house because they often come in a variety of shapes, materials, sizes, colors, and patterns. Whether you are designing you house or your Makati condo, it is good to learn all about the different types of curtains you can choose from.
Voiles. These are light weight woven fabric, generally made from 100% cotton or cotton blends including linen or polyester. They are very easy to clean and maintain. They could give a room the effect of delicate elegance and class.
Blinds. There are many different blinds in the market. They are specific types of window coverings made with slats of fabric, wood, or metal that can be adjusted from an open to a closed position using a rod. If you want better control of the amount of light that enters your room, then it’s a good idea to use window blinds. Aside from this, they are also very easy to clean. Simplicity and efficiency are the effects that are easily achieved with blinds. They are the choices for your windows if you want your covering to blend into the background instead of standing out.
Shades. These are very similar to blinds except that they are made of solid material which you can raise up or down with the use of a string. They come in a variety of designs, colors, and materials. Some modern shades in the market include what they call ‘solar shades’ made of polyethylene fabric which can reduce indoor temperature while still allowing light to filter in.
Lace. If you want to add a classic, old-style look to your rooms then using lace curtains is the answer. They could soften daylight and brighten dark windows at night. They are often used in conjunction with heavier fabrics because they are very lightweight and see-through.
Beads. An eclectic, free-spirited feel is easily achieved when using beaded curtains. There are many different types of beads you can choose from – acrylic, shells, bamboo, gemstones, glass, string, mirror, and other natural materials.Visit the website http://www.atayala.com.
Ayala Land is the most well established developer in real estate Philippines. Find your ideal home: house, lot, condo for sale in Ayala Land.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!
- Decorating Your Living Room with Neutral Colours
- Tips for Mendhi Decor to Blow the Minds of Your Guests