Is CMS better?
- Author Ajay Prasad
- Published August 6, 2009
- Word count 599
Over the past several years, a strong trend towards using content management system is seen in website design and ecommerce development. Increasingly, clients ask for the ability to manage their own website. A CMS is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your website much like a library.
CMS stands for content management system. As the name suggests, it is a back end tool that allows you to update text, pictures, and links without any knowledge of HTML. Some CMSs even allows you to add video, audio and other buttons. Therefore, CMS is necessary for a highly featured website development so that you can drive high traffic.
If you frequently update your site with news, product information, pricing or other information, the use of CMS can make sense. Also having a CMS allows updating and publishing your contents fast and helps you in saving some cents! You can update features such as new products/services, update product description and add news about your company and so on.
Content can be in the form of texts, pictures, music and documents. If you want to make your website reliable, flexible and user friendly, the CMS can come in handy for you. Whether you want to add new content, upgrade or delete the present content or adjustment of website templates, CMS allows web masters to take care of all the aspects concerning their website. A true CMS will allow you to have full control over your website helping you manage the content in whichever way you want.
When quality website for low prices is your business model, it makes sense to use the most cost-efficient publishing tool-wordpress as CMS. Wordpress is free to use for any website you want without paying license fees. Drupal is also a free software package that allows an individual to publish, manage and organize a wide variety of contents on the website. Joomla is another CMS, which enables you to build websites and powerful online applications. Best thing is Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone and is used all over the world to power websites of all shapes and sizes.
Once set up, routine maintenance and updating of content can be done by someone with little or no technical knowledge.
A mature CMS has undergone years of testing and development by teams of developers and has therefore relatively few undocumented bugs.
Many hosting services offer content management systems that are already installed which you can customize for your needs.
Readymade graphics templates are available for purchase or freed download for many content management systems.
Content management systems generally have adequate security against hacker attacks.
A CMS based site can be set up in relatively less time.
Use of CMS maintains a consistent layout and appearance on all pages of the site.
For a better website development, you need a highly customized CMS. A well developed CMS allows you to control Flash animations, gaming, page generation without web programming knowledge. Also you will able to control navigation and sound using CMS.
Whether you already have a website or just about to get going, a CMS is an important tool to consider. It gives you freedom in managing your own website and allows you to redirect your saved dollars towards essential improvements of your website. With CMS, the target audience will not feel difficulty in navigating through your website and you will able to carve a niche for your online business. A major advantage of using CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage.
Ajay Prasad is President and CEO of Global Marketing Resources an Orange County based company that specializes in website design, website maintenance and website marketing. For affordable packages on website maintenance click on the link.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The History of Link Building
- Ten Words That Meant Different In a Pre-Internet World than Now
- 3 Amazing Facts About Paraphrasing Tool
- The Story of HoookedUP: The Social Media App that focuses on being a Helping Hand
- 5G to the rescue! - who is going to benefit from it the most?
- How to reset iCloud account if forgot password?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- make money online during lockdown
- Why you Should Hire a Local SEO Company in Melbourne
- Improve your link building efforts with these effective tactics
- Alternative for a self-ordering kiosk at your restaurant
- Best Modem & Routers for Satellite Internet Connection
- Website Architecture: Things to know before starting your next website design project
- Long-tail Keywords- Why You Need to Focus on Them?
- Manga Rock Shuts Down Due to Piracy and Starts MR Comics
- How To Makes Money Online
- How to remove Malware from your Android Phone?
- Time Now to Bring AI Power to Your eCommerce Business
- JobEnrolls: A safest freelancing platform in Bangladesh
- Is PayPal Right Choice For Your Prestashop Store? 5 Reasons to Justify
- What’s A Board Certified Behavior Analyst?
- Important Steps to Building a Premium Brand
- Machine Learning: All You Need To Know
- Why Should you Hire Professional Services From a Mobile App Development Company?
- Ways to Improve Video Ranking on Youtube
- SEO and AdWords: The right combination for great results
- Data Science Course Fees And Content
- Necessity Of Complete Training For A Probable Analyst
- The Internet of Things Means for Businesses
- The Benefits of Web-Based Systems for Business