The Differences Between Western & Country Home Decor
- Author Heather Lassetter
- Published August 12, 2009
- Word count 504
Western decor includes cowboy, horse, and even buffalo theme items. Western decor is not limited to the cowboy theme, even though it is extremely popular. Western decor can also include lodge or cabin decor.
Cabin decor includes bear, moose, deer and elk design items, whereas, cabin decor includes trout, pine tree, fishing, oak leaf and duck items.
You don't have to live in the wild west or even own a horse to surround yourself with western furniture and accessories. Western home decor can convey a western outdoorsy charm and appeal. With western home decor you may comprise an outdoor scene featuring forests, wildlife, horses, and cowboys.
The colors used in western home decor tend to be darker and warmer, reds, oranges, and yellows are used to convey the idea of a western sunset. Many people like the walls in the house to be somewhat of a neutral color. An off-white, light tan, or sand color works well western style decorating since these are subdued earth tone. A few colors that will match the natural landscape are sky-blue, forest green, or dusty rose color.
Another area of western home decor are the rugs. Rugs that go great with the western style are rugs with a southwestern design, sheepskin rugs, and rugs that depict wildlife such as horses or bears.
Some other things you want to consider in western home decor are horseshoes, stars, and plenty of cowboy decor. No western wall would be complete without several old brown tinted photographs.
Country home decor includes candles, sunflowers, wicker, pottery, dried flowers, handmade quilts, and red or blue gingham curtains. Country home decor brings about a warm and cozy atmosphere. Decorative country accents can bring a sense of farm life, family, and a relaxing feel to any room in the house. Using antiques, homemade craft items, and country-style accessories will add charm and character to your home.
Country decor should reflect floral prints, comfy sofas with ruffled skirts. The use of natural wood and products that reflect a natural earthy style portray country living. Natural wood floors, light wood furniture as opposed to dark, or wicker furniture gives off that country charm.
When it comes to the walls, whether using wallpaper or paint, use colors that reflect the country feel. You can even use stencils with flowers or country scenes to bring the country comfort into your home. No country home would be complete without a braided rope rug or a wooden rocking chair with a handmade quilt draped over it.
Another design style much like country home decor is shabby chic. Shabby chic gives that comfortable, worn, old, vintage look. A country shabby chic theme could work well with county accessories that have an antique worn look.
It's whatever your personal taste is, whether you prefer the traditional ranch style western home decor or the comfortable coziness of country home decor for your home decorating. You can be assured that you will have plenty of accessories to choose from that have the charm and down-home appeal.
Heather Lassetter is currently living in beautiful southern California. She has successfully completed a term in the United States Air Force. Heather is currently a webmaster of home decor. You may visit her website at http://www.pricelessdecor.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests