Ipe Furniture is where Style Meets Durability
- Author Ronnie Tanner
- Published August 13, 2009
- Word count 503
We all know the trouble with many kinds of outdoor furniture: within a year or two, it begins showing signs of major wear and tear. While part of the purpose of things like outdoor chairs, loungers, tables and other pieces is strictly utilitarian - we need them to sit on, dine at and otherwise be useful - another part is purely aesthetic. Most people don't want outdoor furniture that is unattractive; well-designed and visually pleasing furniture can enhance a yard's overall look. Furniture made out of Ipe excels on both counts, providing exceptional durability and stunningly gorgeous looks to discerning homeowners.
Ipe: Naturally Perfect For Outdoor Furniture
The innate qualities of Ipe hardwood - which is found in South America - lend themselves amazingly well for use in outdoor furniture. This wood has a fine grained texture, making it resistant to wetness without the need for harsh stains or sealants. It is very dense, giving it an unbelievable strong composition which can withstand many types of abuse. Ipe furniture can survive countless seasons of use - coming out at the other side looking as great as did did the first day it was brought home.
Not only does Ipe have a great natural durability and a texture that keeps it looking exceptionally good, but it is also resistant to many other problems other materials routinely fall victim to. With Ipe, UV degradation is never a concern; Ipe furniture can be arranged in sunny locations just as well as shadier ones. Ipe resists rot better than other hardwoods - even those that have been treated with sealants or stains. Finally, Ipe furniture can hold up against a vast number of outdoor pests, so that the chair you sit in doesn't become compromised by voracious termites or other insects.
The Rich Look Of Ipe Furniture
Whether it be a deck chair, lounger, outdoor dining set or other type of furniture, Ipe furniture can complement the looks of a yard and a home like no other material can. With Ipe, there is no need to paint or otherwise alter the appearance of the wood - it naturally has a rich color that is certain to become a stunning fixture on any patio, deck or porch.
Compared with outdoor furniture made of synthetic or composite materials, Ipe furniture definitely wins in the style category. Classic designs are enhanced with stainless steel hardware that sets off the sumptuous appeal of the wood's grain in an impeccable way. Ipe lends itself well to carpentry, and can be carved into many pleasing shapes and styles by the skilled hands of professional artisans.
Homeowners who want to put an exclamation point on the already-gorgeous appearance of their landscaping should carefully consider which type of furniture to use. Unlike many other types of outdoor furniture, Ipe furniture is never tacky or unattractive; it can survive the elements like no other natural hardwood. There's absolutely no question that Ipe furniture is a wise investment for any homeowner who values craftsmanship, style and durability.
Ronnie Tanner is a contributing writer at Everlasting Hardwoods. He writes about Deck Furniture and other industry specific topics.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests