Green Countertop Choices
- Author Joe Cline
- Published August 26, 2009
- Word count 518
The eco friendly remodeling revolution has become more popular over the last few years. Not only does investing in an environmentally friendly home an excellent way to keep your home healthy, but there is a drastic increase of the value of your home. Should your upgrades include remodeling your kitchen, you should decide on what type of counter tops that will fit the theme of your kitchen. There are many choices available that are not only stylish, but they are eco friendly too. Here are some companies that make different forms of eco friendly counter top materials from reused porcelain to reused paper. These will really make your kitchen not only trendier, but a lot healthier too.
Enviroglass- They have two styles for counter tops Enviroslab which is made from 100% recycled glass shards set in a terrazzo style to a colorful effect, Enviromode is made with recycled porcelain gathered from toilets, bathtubs, and sinks. Both counter tops are durable and look great in any home.
Eleek- Their counter tops are made out of 100% pure recycled aluminum tiles that give you kitchen an industrialized look. You can use these on your entire countertop or take bits and pieces mixed in with another material to highlight your work areas.
Alkemi-These beautiful aluminum counter tops take on a different spin at metal. The scraps they use to give a look of curled chocolate shavings underneath a thick resin. This gives the counter tops a beautiful shimmer under light.
Icestone-The beautiful counter tops are made with recycled glass and concrete. You can dye the concrete to any color and coordinate it with the rest of your kitchen.
Vetrazzo-This Company also designs their counter tops using recycled glass, which looks like beautiful works of art. If you want that washed up glass look you see on the beach, then go for their green bottle countertop.
Richlite-This Company makes their counter tops out of recycled paper. A bit on the softer side than the recycled glass counter tops, so avoid dicing and cutting on it.
Paperstone-This Company also makes their counter tops out of 100% post consumer recycled paper. They give any kitchen a warm and neutral feel.
Teregren-This Company makes their counter tops out of end grain bamboo chopping blocks. They give your kitchen a more neutral feel, and it lasts even through the sharpest of knives.
Sherkastone- Sherkastone counter tops are made of recycled fibers, like waste papers. You can purchase them in a wide variety of colors in a mottled design to give your kitchen a traditional or modern feel.
These are some of the eco friendly companies that offer your kitchen a great look and still keep your environmentally friendly image. Each one will shrink your carbon footprint, while increasing the value of your home. The cost of these counter tops can vary between $23 and $95 per square foot, depending on the materials used to make the counter tops, and the company who makes it. It is possible to find an eco safe countertop to fit even the tightest of budgets. That really makes going green a lot easier than ever before.
About the Author:http://articlebiz.com
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!
- Decorating Your Living Room with Neutral Colours
- Tips for Mendhi Decor to Blow the Minds of Your Guests