Three Free Websites that all Internet Marketers Should Use
- Author Michael Ellis
- Published February 25, 2006
- Word count 753
I can't stress strongly enough how important it is for an Internet Marketer to know what marketing keywords they should use for their products, and how much their competition is willing to pay for those same keywords. This may seem like a complicated process, but it really isn't. In this article we'll discuss three free websites that all internet Marketers can use to find this information.
Let's first talk about keywords… When I say 'keywords', I'm referring to marketing keywords. These are the words that your potential customers would use to describe your product. These are the same words that somebody would type in an online search engine to find your products.
If you have a business website and you don't know which marketing keywords your website is geared to, then you're website is certainly at a huge disadvantage. Why? Because you will be losing business. And you can bet that your main competition WILL know their marketing keywords, and they WILL be strategically using these keywords in their website and advertisements.
You see, when search engine spiders crawl your website, they're looking for text in your website that can be indexed and used to describe the content of your website. If your website doesn't contain the proper keywords that people use to find your product, then your website will likely not show up in their searches. So your website really needs to be optimized with the relevant marketing keywords that the majority of people are using to search for your product.
Another example where it is vital to know your marketing keywords is when using Pay-Per Click (PPC) advertising. Pay-Per Click advertising is typically done through search engines where you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement (link). Your advertisement will appear after a user goes to the search engine and runs a keyword search (which is just a regular search). The search engine looks at their submitted keyword(s) and then cross references those with the keywords associated with the PPC advertisements. If they match, the PPC ads are then returned with the users search results… Go ahead and go to Google and run a search. The ads you see on the right-hand side of the screen are the PPC ads.
(Note: The order in which the PPC ads are returned are dependant on a few factors: the price you're willing to pay for each click, the search engine used, the ad Click-Through Rate (CTR), etc.)
Let's now go through a quick and free process for finding good keywords for your website.
- Go to the Google AdWords Keyword Tool (https://adwords.google.com/select/main?cmd=KeywordSandbox)
Enter some key words into the textbox that you think people would use to conduct a search for your product. When you're done, click the submit button. You will then be shown specific and similar keywords. Write down the ones that you think would apply to your product.
- Go to the Overture Keyword Selector Tool (http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/)
Enter each keyword that you have written down from step 1, then click the right-arrow button. This will allow you to see which keywords are the most popular in Overture. Note: the most popular keywords aren't always the most appropriate. For example, if your website sells guides on how to rebuild a 57 Chevy, then you will probably want to specifically target '57 Chevy' keywords, instead of the less specific 'Chevy' keyword. Why? Because you want to get your ad/website in front of the people that are most likely to buy your product.
The above 2 websites should give you a great keyword list that you can now use to optimize your website. But if you want to advertise using PPC, you really need to know what your competition is paying for your keywords. This is an easy task as well.
- Go to the Overture Bid Tool (http://uv.bidtool.overture.com/d/search/tools/bidtool/)
Enter your keywords into the textbox, and then click the search button. This will return the Overture bids for that keyword. The highest bids likely get the highest placements – meaning the ads are closer to the top position on the first page of the user's search results. The goal is to get as high as your budget will allow to the top position to ensure maximum exposure of your ad.
There you have it... three great websites that can help your Internet marketing campaigns – and best of all, they are all free to use!
Michael Ellis is an Internet technology expert that specializes in marketing products and services online. Be sure to visit Michael's website http://www.VictoryKey.com for FREE Internet Marketing articles, tips and discussion forums.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- make money online during lockdown
- Why you Should Hire a Local SEO Company in Melbourne
- Improve your link building efforts with these effective tactics
- Alternative for a self-ordering kiosk at your restaurant
- Best Modem & Routers for Satellite Internet Connection
- Website Architecture: Things to know before starting your next website design project
- Long-tail Keywords- Why You Need to Focus on Them?
- Manga Rock Shuts Down Due to Piracy and Starts MR Comics
- How To Makes Money Online
- How to remove Malware from your Android Phone?
- Time Now to Bring AI Power to Your eCommerce Business
- JobEnrolls: A safest freelancing platform in Bangladesh
- Is PayPal Right Choice For Your Prestashop Store? 5 Reasons to Justify
- What’s A Board Certified Behavior Analyst?
- Important Steps to Building a Premium Brand
- Machine Learning: All You Need To Know
- Why Should you Hire Professional Services From a Mobile App Development Company?
- Ways to Improve Video Ranking on Youtube
- SEO and AdWords: The right combination for great results
- Data Science Course Fees And Content
- Necessity Of Complete Training For A Probable Analyst
- The Internet of Things Means for Businesses
- The Benefits of Web-Based Systems for Business
- Opt for Professional Web Design Services
- WordPress dot com vs WordPress dot org-The Right Choice for You
- SEO in 2019 - Know What is Trending
- Popular Website Performance Optimisation Techniques
- How to Get Followers on TikTok
- Sanity is Overrated, Build an Internet Business!