Take Your Bedroom on an Egyptian Decorating Adventure
- Author Rob Mabry
- Published September 6, 2009
- Word count 475
Does your bedroom need an extreme makeover? Those looking to bring an opulent, regal vibe to their inner sanctum should consider an Egyptian theme. Give yourself the royal treatment with a room that evokes the ancient culture of the river dwellers of the Nile. A bedroom with an Egyptian flair adds a mystique to your home and creates a room that’s mysterious, romantic and comforting.
A Fresh Coat of Paint
Start by painting the room a color that evokes the sands of the Egyptian deserts. Shouldn't be too hard to find something at the local home or paint store that fits the bill. Most popular paint brands offer something with the word "sand" in the title that's likely to work, but there's plenty of room to work with here and anything from a yellowish dust to tan-brown will fit the theme. Some stencil work with hieroglyphics at mid wall or near the ceiling will help bring the look together. Those with average art skills should be able to pull off a reasonable facsimile of a hieroglyph. Searching online for an Egyptian font and blowing it up in a word processing program might help you along.
Black and Gold
The art of the ancient Egyptians often used black and gold as its primary colors, as evidenced by the many statues and sculptures on display in the world's museums. These colors work great in fabric and linens. A black comforter with gold pillows will work nicely. Black and gold stripes are commonly found in the Pharaoh’s headdress, so that will work nicely on the bed too. A canopy does a lot to create a romantic atmosphere. If you don’t have a canopy bed, an attractive and simple solution can be created by attaching curtain rods to the ceiling and running the canopy drape through.
The Right Furniture
Brass, bronze, leather and wicker furniture help create the Egyptian feel better than light colored woods like oak or pine. Black leather works particularly well, but if that’s not already part of your bedroom set consider a black or black and gold slip cover for any chairs or sofas. A chaise lounge makes a nice Egyptian statement, ready and waiting for the Pharaoh or Queen of the palace.
Bringing It All Together
An old leather trunk at the foot of the bed makes a nice addition as well as adding some functional storage. To complete the look add a stone or colored wall relief. These three dimensional wall hangings are often based on the walls of temples and tombs discovered by archaeologists and add depth and authenticity to the Egyptian themed room. To make the room truly distinctive, add some Egyptian statues or busts of well-known Egyptian gods and goddesses. Egyptian candleholders, boxes, mirrors and incense burners can do even more to emphasize the Egyptian style.
Rob is a former military journalist, screenwriter and technologist. He and his wife, Sherry, operate an e-commerce site selling high quality museum replicas at Your Museum Store. A nice selection of Egyptian wall art, statues, mirrors and busts can be found at Your Museum Store.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- For what we need backsplash in kitchen?
- Simple and Easy Residential Interior Design Ideas
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Potential benefits to Hiring an Interior Designer
- Blinds - A Breakdown of 10 Type of Blinds
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t