5 Essential HVAC Troubleshooting Tips
- Author James Fletcher
- Published September 22, 2009
- Word count 401
Air conditioners every now and then can break down. Most air conditioning systems usually fail during the hottest time of the day in the middle of summer when you need them the most. Air conditioning systems can break down due to a variety of different reasons. Below is a troubleshooting checklist with 5 tips to help you get your air conditioning system running again.
Clean The Return Air Filter - A dirty filter can either reduce the output of an air conditioner or even damage the system if it becomes very blocked. A simple clean of the filter can easily get your system up and running again. You should aim to clean your filter every few weeks or as needed.
Examine The Controller - Owner error is the main reason an air conditioning controller can cause the system problems. Some things to check are to see if the controller has batteries, check the temperature set on the controller and check to see if heating or cooling is chosen. All these things can cause an air conditioner to not work correctly. Also be wary of adding timers and programs unless you know how to use and set your controller. If you are at all unsure about the controllers operation, speak with the company that installed your system.
Outdoor Compressor - A quick look at the compressor can save you from an expensive callout. Listen to the compressor for any irregular noise and look for any obvious obstructions. Both the fan motor and the coil should be free from obstructions so the air can flow from the system freely.
Reset The Power - Try restarting the unit to fix an air conditioner that has stopped working. Simply turn the unit off at the meter box for about a minute and then restart. This quick and simple trick has been known to restart a system many times.
Check Ducts - If you have a central air conditioning system (or a ducted system) check the ducts in the roof. Look for any ducts that may have come lose and look to make sure the ducts have nice smooth turns so the air can flow easily.
Hopefully these 5 troubleshooting hvac tips will get your air conditioning system up and running again. If you are still having problems with your hvac system after trying the above points, it is time to call in a qualified air conditioning contractor.
There is even more great advice about things such as air conditioners for apartments, air conditioning tips and advice available at our site. Please visit us for more information on apartment air conditioning, air conditioning brands and much more.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing
- Experiencing Luxury with a Comfortaire Mattress
- Why power banks are becoming the most important phone accessory
- Buying Tips For Aer backpack