Planning An Adoption Baby Shower That’s Heaven Sent
- Author Karen Sullen
- Published October 4, 2009
- Word count 425
It’s been said that babies are a gift from Heaven, and that’s never been more true than when a precious child is being adopted. Arriving in a slightly less traditional way, the beauty of bringing a baby into your life through adoption is a wonderful time of celebration that has been captured so eloquently in this adoption poem:
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn’t give you the gift of life
LIFE GAVE ME THE GIFT OF YOU!
If you’re welcoming a perfect little person to your family through adoption, a Heaven Sent theme for the baby shower is a great way to surround the family with love. Here are some ideas to help you plan it!
Invitations: Look for an invitation with clouds or angels and customize it with a saying like the poem above or one of these favorites from other adoptive parents:
"We were not separated at your birth. It was the moment at which we begun our journey toward each other." (Nancy McGuire Roche)
"Not flesh of my flesh or bone of my bone--but still so miraculously my own." (Unknown)
"Adoption is Love. Love is Family. Family is Forever." (Unknown)
"Little Hands - Little Feet—Sent from Heaven, Perfectly Sweet."
If you aren’t able to create one, Anne Geddes has some breath-taking photos of babies with angel wings that could be incorporated.
Decorations: Soft tulle and angel wings are simply divine! Drape some iridescent fabric around the room and add some twinkling stars dangling from the ceiling. Angel-themed diaper cakes make an excellent baby shower centerpieces (and gifts) for the celebration. Add to the decor with plenty of fluffy, glittery, shimmering accents. Just think of all the holiday decorations you might already have that can work well with this theme. Those clear Christmas lights look amazing underneath white tulle. To really jazz it up, add a few feathers to resemble angel wings or use the wings from that old angel costume to create a "cherub chair" designated for Mom.
Menu: There are lots of fun, fluffy ways to make the dinner divine. Try making some Heavenly Hash (which is really just ambrosia) to start with a heavenly ham dish as the entrée and angel food cake or angel-shaped cookies for dessert!
Gift Registry: When selecting items for your registry, include gifts with angelic or inspirational themes. You’ll be surprised at all of the angel gifts for the baby’s room, diaper bags, clothing, plush and toys.
There are no posted comments.
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests