So You Want a Solar Panel, Build Your Own and Save
- Author Mike Hickmon
- Published October 22, 2009
- Word count 482
If you want a solar panel, build your own by following these steps. People around the world are becoming increasingly aware of the hazards to environment and the ways in which they can protect the environment. By using a solar panel to generate energy, we protect the environment because this panel does not have any harmful carbon emissions associated with it.
We require certain components to build our own panel. Suppose we need to build a solar panel with the capacity of 16 volts. For building this panel, we first need a rechargeable battery. A deep cycle battery with a rating of 12 volts is commonly used. We will also need a battery box, a DC input, a DC meter which can equal the battery voltage to the DC voltage, insulated wires and a drilling machine
Steps in building your own solar panel:
First of all, we need to have all the required components mentioned above. These components can be bought at any ordinary shop and may cost around 100 dollars approximately.
Drill holes on the upper end of the battery box where we can fix the DC meter and the DC output. We should then connect the battery and the meter with the help of the insulated wire. We should be extremely cautious in connecting the battery and the meter. We can start with the negative input first and then proceed to the positive one. We should not try to connect the wires at the same time as this may cause some problems. After this step, connect the DC input and the battery and then to the solar panel. Here again we must start with the negative input and then proceed to the positive one. We should protect the battery box lid. Tie a string in the lid. Now the solar energy panel is ready. The panel must be kept in a place where it will be exposed maximum sunlight. It should be charged for 8 hours and then it will be ready for use.
An inverter can be attached to the battery. This will convert the power generated by the panel from DC to AC power and this AC power can then be used to run various appliances.
It is very easy to make a solar panel, just build your own. The total cost will be around two hundred dollars which is highly economical. Also by using our own panel, we can save the cost associated with electricity bills. We are no longer dependent on others to get our power supply. These panels generate energy with the help of sunlight and it can even be used in offices.
Another advantage of using solar panels is that they help to reduce the carbon gas that is released to the environment and thus they do not cause any harm to the environment. Hence solar energy panels are reliable sources of power which are also environment friendly.
The author, who has an engineering background, has created a detailed review site that has the latest information on solar panel systems. If you want your own solar panel, build your own, it’s easy. Please see BestHomemadeEnergy.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?