Solar Panels: How to Build Them – The Process and Methods
- Author Mike Hickmon
- Published October 19, 2009
- Word count 553
Solar panels, how to build them is a question that we will try and answer in this article. We know that the sun has energy in abundance and this energy is known as solar energy. Solar panel (also known as photovoltaic system) has the ability to absorb and store solar energy that is later converted into electrical energy. This form of energy is clean and pollution free hence it will not cause any damage to the environment.
Solar energy panels consist of solar cells, also known as photovoltaic cells and these cells are arranged in layers that form a Solar Panel. These solar cells have the quality and ability to absorb sunlight and hence the energy that is then stored in the photovoltaic system and later this energy gets converted into electrical energy for our consumption. A word of precaution here; place your photovoltaic system either on the rooftop or in an open space that gets maximum sunlight or is exposed directly to the sun’s rays. This enhances the energy absorption and your photovoltaic system can give you more energy even when the sun is not around. According to our requirement we can select small solar cells if we want less energy and similarly we can use big solar cells, in case we require more energy.
Crystalline silicon is used to make a photovoltaic system. Crystalline silicon is a good semiconductor and hence proves to be more efficient. When sun’s rays fall on the photovoltaic system electrons are released due to the facilitation it gets from the semiconductor, and this leads to electricity generation. Gallium arsenide can also be used to make a photovoltaic system but this is an expensive material.
Solar cells are arranged in layer form and these layers then form a panel, these panels are then put in a box. You will need a DC meter, a DC input and you also need a battery. Put the battery in another box. It is advisable to use insulated wire while connecting the DC meter to the battery. If your solar panel is a big photovoltaic system then you will require an inverter as well. Once you are through with your connections, your photovoltaic system is ready for use. In order to increase the efficiency of your solar power panel you can use diode because it helps the solar cells from overheating. Over heating of solar cells will reduce the efficiency of your panels. It is also desirable that your system gets proper ventilation. This will again help to increase the efficiency of your panel.
New advanced technology now allows more energy efficient solar energy panels. They have the capacity to absorb more light; even dim light (when there is a cloud covering) and these photovoltaic system can store energy for longer duration that allows them to produce electrical energy as and when required.
These are methods and processes that will help you to have solar panels, how to build on your own. Solar energy is pollution free and therefore it is required that in order to save the environment we immediately switch over to solar power panels. It will be a great service to the mankind and you will also feel that you are contributing, albeit in a smaller manner, to conserve our natural resources and save the environment.
The author, who has an engineering background, has created a detailed review site that has the latest information on solar panel systems. If you want more information on solar panels how to build them, and what is involved with a solar projects, then look no further. Just go to BestHomemadeEnergy.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?