How to Remove Stubborn Algae from a Fountain
- Author Wendye Rivera
- Published November 17, 2009
- Word count 423
There are many ways to get rid of unwanted algae from accumulating in your fountain causing the awful and putrid smell. But if the algae has already started spreading on your fountain and you are having a tough time eliminating it or it has already resulted stains in your fountain, here are a few tips that you can do that will help in your algae problem.
Most importantly, you must always refer to the fountain’s instruction manual before trying to clean your fountain. You must prepare the necessary care products that are suitable and appropriate according to the material your fountain is made from. If your fountain doesn’t come with a manual or cleaning instructions, contact the manufacturer immediately for the best possible cleaning procedure to conduct for your fountain.
If you are not sure with who the manufacturer is, then call KineticFountains.com or the customer service number (1-877-271-1112) and it is toll-free. Just describe your fountain and they will give the best cleaning tips and materials to implement.
Switch off the plug, remove the old fountain water and wash the fountain with clean, fresh water. Wipe the wet surfaces and also the pump with a rag or wash cloth. If possible, use a pipe cleaner to suck out algae from the pump’s tubing and spouts. Also check if your fountain has small holes that shoot water streams down to the basin because they can be congested with algae and also need cleaning.
Dish soap can be used for cleaning a good number of fountains, but make sure that you wash it off totally to avoid an explosion of bubbles when the fountain is turned back on. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to scrub off filth from cracks and crevices.
Only use bleach when it is explicitly allowed by the manufacturer. One can also use white vinegar which is a milder solution to get rid of algae. Drench a rag in warm white vinegar and put the rag over the affected fountain parts. Leave it for ten minutes and then scrub.
Never use a brush which has hard bristles on unfinished copper, stainless steel, or other unprotected surfaces. It can easily scratch the surface and may result to a disaster. Check out cleaning instructions at KineticFountains.com for proper algae disposal for these surfaces.
Even regular cleaning of the fountain will not keep algae from growing back. The solution to this is to use the product No More Algae for Fountains. It will prevent algae residues from reproducing.
If you found this article helpful you may visit http://www.cleanyourfountain.com/ where you can find more tips and ideas on
buying and cleaning your fountains. You may contact through the following contact details:
Address: 420 NE Birch St, Suite 208 Camas, WA 98607
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Electrical Safety Tips & Hazards
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor