Benefits Of Combi Boilers
- Author Tal Potishman
- Published December 2, 2009
- Word count 497
According to recent statistics, many people are investing in high efficiency combi boilers. They remain the most popular choice of boiler, accounting for over 70% of the entire marketplace. There are numerous reasons for why they remain such a popular choice. They are easy to install, easy to use and easy to run. When deciding to make a purchase, it is important for the consumer to be aware on what to look for. This is especially the case in the current recession the UK is facing.
The economic climate has changed the way consumers are spending their hard earned cash. However, heating and hot water are an essential part of our daily lives, and one area in which people are still willing to invest. Most people realise that having hot water and heating are fundamental human needs and therefore some expenditure is necessary, providing the right choice is made.
Many of the surveys done recently suggest that gas central heating and hot water is the UK consumer's number one choice and the combi boiler is the most common choice of boiler. With technology advancing every day, it is possible that this might change over the next decade or so, however in this present time, combi boilers remain a popular choice.
The benefits of purchasing combi boilers
A high efficiency combi boiler is advantageous for many reasons. It provides all the heating and limitless amount of hot water. In addition, if you have shortage of room, the combi boiler is small and compact enough to fit inside a kitchen unit or even under the stairs. Hot water is only created when it is actually required, and because there is no stored hot water, there is no need for a tank or any other additional plumbing.
Disadvantages of using combi boilers
One disadvantage with combi boilers is that they are not easy to repair if something goes wrong. Most consumers opt to replace the entire unit if the problem is quite extensive and cannot be fixed. However, this is not always the case, and some installers are able to fix the problem rather than replacing the entire system.
Another drawback often complained about is the delivery time of useable hot water. Most consumers who are used to receiving hot water within seconds of turning the hot water tap will be unpleasantly surprised when they experience the delay. This is because with a combi boiler, the water flow rate is not as good as a traditional storage cylinder. Whilst some consumers are willing to adjust to this, many manufacturers are now pushing for improvements to be made.
Is a combi boiler right for you?
Like most other boilers, combi boilers have their positive points and negative points. It all depends on what you are looking for and what will suit you best. As purchasing a boiler is a long-term investment, is best to seek some professional advice first. This way you can consider all your options before reaching a final decision.
Tal Potishman, editor of Heating Central, writes articles about condensing boiler, central heating, Swansea plumbers, underfloor heating and solar thermal. He specializes in helping save money by advising on efficient heating.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors Part 2
- Electrical Safety Tips & Hazards
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?