Basement Remodeling on a Budget
- Author Eugene Makeev
- Published December 5, 2009
- Word count 505
Basement remodeling is among the most rewarding as well as space efficient project any homeowner could undertake to extend living space without cutting edges. Like any other home improvements, the one drawback that causes many homeowners think twice on undertaking such renovation is the cost. But if you really want to add extra living space and value to your New York home, then a good amount of creativity and patience can get you a long way in cutting back on costs. Whether you are in Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, or Staten Island; here are budget-friendly tips to achieving that comfortable and appealing basement remodeling finish for less.
Spend Money Wisely
It is very important to note that spending money wisely does not mean buying and availing of everything cheapest. The idea here is to do your research on which hardware store will be having sales and promotions, and be there when this happens. When shopping for supplies, never stop at the first product that you come across with. Browse through other products and carefully compare not only prices but features as well. Materials may also come available for reasonable prices at a time that is still far from your planned basement remodeling schedule. If so, find someplace dry and secure to store them.
Timing Basement Remodeling Correctly
Just like traveling, you’ll definitely save yourself some if you avoid the peak season and this idea also goes well with basement remodeling or just any other renovation works.
There are certain times of the year when homeowners generally do their home remodeling projects. This is when qualified contractors are very hard to find. A great thing about basement remodeling is that the work place is conveniently located in an out-of-the-way area inside the house. This makes weather not so much of an issue and scheduling such a project during slow periods for contractors is ideal. Other than the discounted labor cost that you can take advantage of, this will also get your basement remodeling more attention from your hired contractor.
With this tip, your perseverance could help you get a considerable cutback on your basement remodeling costs. Be on the lookout for houses and businesses in your area or in the neighboring areas that are being built, renovated or demolished. There are materials and supplies that the team might need to discard of and would be willing to pass on to you. The studs, plywood sheets, reclaimed wood, salvaged glass and other such materials that you can get from them would truly serve helpful in completing your budget basement remodeling.
Other than saving the contractor team from the task of getting rid of these supplies, you will also be helping the environment. By utilizing reclaimed wood, you will avoid unnecessarily cutting down more trees and adding to the landfill. Recycled wood can not only be used to build up walls in your basement remodeling finish but also in the construction of other wood furnishings such as end tables, chairs, or handrails of your staircase.
Eugene Makeev uses his skills and expertise to help home owners in Brooklyn, Long Island, Queens, Manhattan, and Staten Island avoid pitfalls by matching their needs with prescreened remodeling NYC contractors.
Avail of our free basement remodeling calculator.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors Part 2
- Electrical Safety Tips & Hazards
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?