The Health Benefits of Lobster
- Author Bryan Romanow
- Published December 9, 2009
- Word count 380
Most people are aware that seafood offers significant health benefits. Lobster especially is full of vitamins, minerals, and Omega 3 fatty acids. It is also a versatile food that can be boiled, broiled, baked, steamed, or used in soups. Lobster has a reputation for being high in fat, but that is actually not the case. It is all the butter and cream-filled dishes that give lobster its hefty status.
High in protein and low in fat, lobster is a very beneficial meat. Comparable to a steak, lobster has less than thirty grams of protein in a five ounce portion. Lobster also has less fat compared to steak. It is perfect for a no or low carbohydrate diet as well. Under the Weight Watcher’s system lobster has just four points. Not only is lobster low in fat, it is lower in cholesterol than skinless chicken breast. Lobster has seventy-two milligrams compared to chicken’s eighty-five milligrams.
In addition to having a high protein and low fat composition, lobster meat has ten to twenty percent of the USDA’s daily recommended value of potassium, selenium, zinc, phosphorus, copper, and vitamin B12. Like many other types of seafood, lobster also contains a high constitution of Omega 3 fatty acid which is beneficial for both your heart and your brain. Selenium aids the immune system and thyroid gland and may also help prevent heart disease. Bone and tissue diseases can be avoided by diets high in copper. The vitamin B12 is essential for healthy nerve and red blood cells. Phosphorus contributes to proper kidney functioning and lessens arthritis pain. Increased brain activity, a boosted immune system, and a healthier reproduction system are all benefits from consuming zinc. Finally potassium is credited with aiding your heart’s functions. The benefits of Omega 3 fatty acid range from reducing your risk of heart attack to lowering your blood pressure.
Perfect for people on a diet and those simply trying to have a healthier lifestyle, lobster is a far superior choice to the usual steak. Eating lobster clearly provides you a low fat, comprehensive range of nutritional value while at the same time giving you great flavor and taste. With all the spectacular health benefits to eating lobster, it really is the coup de grace for special occasion meals.
Posted by a guy enjoying the journey of life Working for the best place to
Buy Maine Lobster with overnighthttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water
- Healthy Living