Granite Worktop – Adding Aesthetic Appeal to Your Kitchen
- Author Pr Govindan
- Published December 5, 2009
- Word count 542
The kitchen is a vital area of the house where a lot of family activity takes place. Thus homeowners invest in granite countertops to make it enticing and appealing. A granite worktop imparts beauty and style to any kitchen. They are available in a wide variety of patterns and colors. They are the epitome of long lasting splendor and luster.
When you consider remodeling your kitchen either for personal pleasure or for putting your house up for sale, upgrading your kitchen by installing granite tops would be a worthwhile decision.
Variety of granite colors
The large ranges of granites come in a wide variety of colors and textures ranging from deep grays with black flecks to midnight black. Most colors blend in and compliment the kitchen décor adding long lasting beauty and magnificence to the kitchen.
Benefits of granite worktops
• Granite tops raise the market value of the house when you decide to sell it. A sense of luxury is imparted to the kitchen. Your worktop remains as good as new no matter how many years it has been since you installed it.
• Since granite is a natural material, you will be in sync with today’s trend of "going green" by having an environmentally safe countertop in your house. Since no two pieces of granite are alike, you will have a distinct and unique granite worktop.
• Granite is easy to maintain and clean. You just need water and a mild household cleanser to wipe away the dirt and grime on it. Using a topical sealant on the granite will preserve it for a lifetime in addition to giving it sheen.
• Granite tops are very durable and are resistant to chip and scratch. You can also place hot pans directly from the stove on the granite surface without any fear of damage as it is heat resistant too. It can never be damaged by freezing, thawing, mildew and mold since it is made of natural material.
• One of the best ways to buy granite at reasonable prices is to go directly to the warehouse or wholesalers who would be willing to give you a nominal rate than showrooms.
• It works great as a chopping and cutting board.
Granite worktops can be used in the patio too where you would be having frequent barbeques and picnics without worrying about damaging the cooking area. Adding a piece of granite to your living space either as a coffee table or dining table imparts a rich look to the interior of the house. Even bathrooms can have granite flooring or walls.
It is very easy to maintain granite tops. Once a year you may have to apply a sealer to maintain its good shape and beauty. You can scrape off any sticky materials like gum, nail polish and paint by just scraping it off with a putty knife.
There are a whole lot of veins, patterns and specks to choose from. Since a granite worktop has depth, natural sunlight reflects on the surface and produces varied patterns each day. It is a sanitary workplace. Thus if you want to give an aesthetic touch to your kitchen or home, it would be an excellent, worthwhile idea to replace your existing worktop with a granite countertop.
There are no posted comments.
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design