Converting Bedroom to Extend Your Bathroom
- Author Eugene Makeev
- Published December 12, 2009
- Word count 537
In all areas of life, it is important that priorities are established to make living notches better. In home improvement, there also comes a time when you would have to choose one room over the other and one common decision that many homeowners have taken or will have to take is whether or not to convert a bedroom into a bathroom. With limitation in space, many New York and other big-city homeowners are faced with this question. This article tackles the things to consider when deliberating on turning one bedroom into a bathroom with ideas ideal whether you are in Manhattan, Long Island, Brooklyn, Queens, or Staten Island.
If a luxurious and spacious bathroom could make life a lot more pleasurable for you and your loved ones, you need not complicate everything. Especially if you have already loved the neighborhood that you are in and find the location convenient, then reselling the house and moving to another place is out of the picture. The solution to your bath space issues is converting the bedroom into bathroom.
There are home improvements that are done to enhance the quality of living for the entire household. Converting your bedroom into bathroom does not only achieve this benefit but also affords your New York home a good boost in its overall value.
When it comes to return on investments, bathroom addition and remodeling never failed to rank among the highest. The functionality of a bathroom has long since evolved from just an area to get cleaned up to a personal retreat that emanates with appeal, relaxing ambiance, rejuvenating features and all other luxurious touches. So if you have to spare one bedroom to avail of all the tempting benefits a more functional and more beautiful bath has to offer, then why not?
With older homes, bathrooms are generally small and are often times laid out adjoining a bedroom. To create more space, some homeowners decide to tear down the adjoining wall and use up both areas as one in the most efficient way it could possibly serve. Why not just rebuild a new bathroom? You might ask. The answer to this question all boils down to which option is viable for you and the family. If the family would do just fine without the extra bedroom and would rather enjoy a more luxurious bath, then convert rather than build another one.
Converting bedroom into a bathroom is not an easy task. The project requires someone equipped with enough knowledge, expertise and experience to handle the job efficiently. Often trying to save money by doing things themselves leads many homeowners to spending more instead. Hiring a qualified contractor to do the conversion for you will be your best bet at project success. If you have to cutback on budget, save on labor costs by making arrangements with your contractor and handling tasks that you know you can take care of without risking project success. Here are important requirements and factors that should be ensured:
• Proper installation of both vent and drain
• Correct fitting of bath features such as countertops, basins, flooring, tiles, partition walls and door for separate toilets, and others
• Addition or replacement of complementing windows
• Water heating system
Eugene Makeev uses his skills and expertise to help home owners in Brooklyn, Long Island, Queens, Manhattan, and Staten Island avoid pitfalls by matching their needs with prescreened bathroom remodeling NYC contractors.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?