How to Avoid Giving Him Another Necktie: Helpful Tips for Finding Gifts for Men
- Author Shirley Tan
- Published April 7, 2007
- Word count 560
Do most of us think shopping for gifts for men is harder than finding gifts for women? Can't think of anything except another necktie? Did your parents simply say "Just buy, what you want." So following that advice, did your father get one of the latest Star Wars toy as a gift?
I also used to think men were harder to shop for but things have changed. I have changed. Times have changed. Every man could still use a necktie but today men carry a laptop computer, share child care responsibilities, go to the gym and work out, travel on business and go on vacation.
Just take the subway, bus or other public transportation and look around. Women aren't the only ones who need bags, purses and totes. You'll see almost every man is carrying some type of bag. Most of them are basic black and have their company logo embroidered on the front.
So here are some of my tips for finding gifts for all the men in your life--that includes your grandfather, father, father in law, husband, brother, brother in law, uncles, sons, grandsons and/or step sons.
Identify what type of man you have on your gift list. Is he young? Hip and in sync with the newest and latest high tech gadgets. Is he sensitive and earthy? A vegetarian? If so then, look for trendy, contemporary messenger bags, laptop bags and backpack bags.
For older men--is he conservative? Does he work for a Fortune 500 corporation? Is he a seasoned renaissance man? Cultured and sophisticated? If so, then look for traditional classic looking briefcases, business bags, laptop bags and travel bags. Is he into sports? A working class rough, tough guy? If so, then look for sports themed specialty backpacks or practical, useful gym bags and duffels, tool bags and roadside safety bags
If it's your husband, boyfriend and you want him to know you love him, then look for something every man wants but doesn't buy himself. Extravagant leather bags or specialty bags on every man's wish list--a barbecue tool set, an insulated cooler chair bag, toiletry bags that include manicure sets or a shoe shine kit.
If you have a limited budget, you can shop by price for inexpensive, affordable all purpose, multi-purpose microfiber duffel bags that can go from work or the office to the gym and double as his travel bag.
Since it's a gift, you'll want to personalize the bag with his name, initials or a classic monogram. Some men may not want their first names embroidered on a bag and may prefer a classic monogram which is similar to a family crest. The first letter of his last name will be in the center and is usually larger than the surrounding two (first and middle) initials. For men, I suggest you select a classic monogram or 3 initials rather than his first or last name if you're not sure he'll want his name on his bag.
Whatever your budget, you'll be able to find a gift bag that will be appreciated. We could all use an extra bag or a new one to replace one that is worn out, stained or faded. Think of men's bags, totes and duffels as the new gift idea for men to replace the standard necktie. You'll also change your mind about shopping for gifts for men!
Shirley Tan is the owner of http://www.bags-purses-totes.com , an online website that sells personalized bags for women and also men’s bags. Beginning in1987, she had a retail showroom and in 1997 began selling gifts online. She can be contacted at email@example.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Does online shopping really make itself different?
- 6 Tips For When You Buy Coffee Beans
- What Size of Waist Trainer to Choose?
- Cheap VS Expensive Mattresses: How to Get the Best Value for Money
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Electricity Bill
- Tips before buying reclining sofa
- How To Buy Diamond?
- Choosing the best glasses for your face shape
- How to choose the wedding dress in a few steps
- Birthday Gift Baskets
- What You Need to Know about the Best Grow Lights
- How to Choose the Best Grow Tent for Your Plants and Space
- How to purchase right Micro SD Card for the electronic gadgets?
- 5 Points to Consider When Choosing a Mattress from a Store
- How To Choose Satchel And Hobo Bag
- What Is Tinder? How to Find Members on Tinder Online Dating Site?
- How To Buy Layflat Slurry Hose
- Military Retirement Gifts Buying Guide
- There is a Shopify behind Every Online Shopping
- Best Carry-on Travel Backpack
- The Greatest Guide to Online Shopping Is Right Here
- Are You Shopping for Bed Linen -- Here Are a Few Tips
- Why a Cash Voucher can be A Perfect Gift for Your Loved Ones?
- 5 Star hotel pillows– A better way to sleep at night
- Select the best mountain biking jerseys and increase longevity with these tips!
- How to safely buy an used phones - tutorial
- Simple Tips for Car Enthusiasts About New Tires
- What beard suits you? Should you trim or groom it!
- Choosing the right projector to suit your needs
- Preparation, is it Worth the Price