Tips to Market Handcrafted Jewelry Handcrafted Earrings Handmade Bracelets
- Author Jennifer Hisir
- Published December 18, 2009
- Word count 514
Do you want to start your own handcrafted jewelry business? Making handcrafted jewelry, unique earrings and handcrafted bracelets can be easier than learning how to sell, where to sell and at what price to sell your unique jewelry. Marketing, advertising and promoting your new company is an obstacle many cannot overcome. Many people give up when just starting out because of the frustration. Here are some easily accomplished steps to build your handcrafted jewelry business and put you on the road to success.
First of all, and most important, is to create truly unique jewelry. Experiment with techniques and materials until you find the right combination that suits you. The most successful jewelry artisans have their own style that draws customers to them. Finding you own niche, expressing your individual style and creativity is key to making your handcrafted jewelry business a success.
Secondly, choose your target market to gain maximum exposure for your handmade jewelry. What age group does your handcrafted jewelry attract? This is a good pricing indicator. A younger age group will require lower prices while a middle age group is looking for more sophisticated looks and can afford a higher price range.
Trial and error is sometimes the best method for pricing. Estimate how much a pair of handmade earrings or handmade bracelets costs you to actually make. Double the cost for your wholesale jewelry price and double that again for your retail price is the general rule. Look around at other handcrafted jewelry artists offering similar products to see if your price falls into the same range. If not, you may have to re-think your pricing.
Local craft shows are a great way to start in the handmade jewelry business. Check your Chamber of Commerce for an event schedule in your area. Talk with other craftspeople to find other craft shows and art festivals that they recommend. Slowly build a schedule of shows. Pay attention to what your customers are looking for and try to focus on their needs. Satisfied customers will be your best advertising.
Internet marketing for handcrafted jewelry artisans is growing quickly and it is easy to set up a free or relatively inexpensive website at many handcrafted specialty sites. Building an online presence can take a lot of time and effort which will be worthwhile eventually. Do not depend on immediate sales as it takes time to become established online.
Start slow with baby steps gradually building your customer base. Not every show will be a huge success but bit by bit you will learn all the things you need to know to make your handcrafted jewelry business a success.
Not everyone can be an artist and a salesperson. Luckily there are many wholesale jewelry suppliers who specialize in handmade jewelry and handcrafted artisan jewelry. Check out their websites and see if their wholesale products fall into the niche you have decided upon. Whether it is horse jewelry, cat jewelry, wildlife jewelry or Native American jewelry designs, you are sure to find wholesale jewelry suppliers who have the perfect handcrafted jewelry for your target market.
Copper Reflections have been creating handmade jewelry and unique gift ideas since 1985. Our designs are silver plated and diamond cut on copper handmade jewelry and unique gift ideas. Read more by Jennifer Hisir at the Handmade Jewelry Blog by Copper Reflections.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing
- Experiencing Luxury with a Comfortaire Mattress
- Why power banks are becoming the most important phone accessory
- Buying Tips For Aer backpack