Kitchen Lighting Options
- Author James Allen
- Published April 11, 2007
- Word count 328
Perhaps no other room in your home provides as many lighting options as the kitchen. Just about any type of ceiling or wall mount can work here, which can be both a good thing and a bad thing. Having this many choices at your disposal could be dizzying. Luckily for you, however, we are here to guide through the muck and arm you with the knowledge needed to make a wise choice in picking out your kitchen lighting.
The kitchen is a place that needs to be well lit. Preparing food, reading recipes, etc., the kitchen is no place for mood lighting. Pay special attention to work station areas such as islands, sinks, and of course your range and stove area. This is where the magic happens in the kitchen, so make sure the focus of your lighting is on these areas.
A very popular trend in lighting recently is pendant lighting. Pendants are ideal for many areas of the kitchen, especially the aforementioned work station areas. If your kitchen has an island, consider a row or cluster of pendants to provide the precise lighting needed for this area. Many pendants are low voltage and use energy-efficient bulbs, making them an environmentally sound option as well as a stylish one.
Other ceiling options include flush and semi-flush mounts, as well as smaller chandeliers. Flush and semi-flush mounts are no longer just boring square and circular fixtures as in years past. These updated fixtures can be found with exquisite detailing and original designs.
Wall lighting options for the kitchen are also plentiful. Sconces and wall lamps can add a decorative flair to your kitchen while acting as an excellent source of secondary light to the ambient light provided by a ceiling fixture. Wall fixtures are especially important if you use pendant lighting instead of a ceiling mount. Pendants will often not provide enough light for your kitchen, and wall lamps and sconces are ideal for picking up the slack.
There are no posted comments.
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne