Great Tips For Making Your Home Theater Installation Smooth And Trouble Free
- Author Dean Caporella
- Published April 12, 2007
- Word count 472
You're about to join the revolution... it's time to install a home theater and all you can think about is what type of television you should buy, plasma or LCD? Wait, before you even think about equipment think about home theater installation, more precisely, think about the planning stage!
A badly planned audio and video area will become more of a frustration than anything else and besides, this is going to be the showpiece of your home; the place where you can impress and put a touch of jealousy into the hearts of your friends.
Planning The Home Theater Installation Stage
There are some things to consider before you go ahead and purchase your equipment. Have you planned where your home theater set up is going to be or exactly how you want everything laid out. Believe me, do this now and you won't regret it. Here's a few tips in the planning stage:
Can you draw a map? You'll need a rough draft of your home theater down on paper. Look at your room and picture in your mind where everything is going to sit.
Your map should not just include the equipment placement but also doors and windows. Important to determine if their are going to be obstruction issues.
Will you be putting in a projection unit? How much sunlight comes into the room? If it's a lot then window coverings become an issue.
How many power outlets do you have in the room?
Is wiring going to be an issue? Give this serious thought. You want your wiring out of the way. It should be neatly planned to run along the wall boundaries and not across the room.
A Home theater with all the "bells and whistles" is going to use up more power than your average room in the house. Will your power supply be able to handle the load? Ask a professional for advice but most homes will be able to handle the extra power. Power outlets...do you have enough? Again, very important to make sure you have more than you need. Believe me, you'll need them at some stage.
Circuit boards and safety breakers are also necessary. Power boards with safety breakers in case of power surge and overload are desirable, particularly during thunderstorms.
The Home Theater Plan
Home theater has undergone some sort of revolution in recent years, so much so, it's almost hard to live without it. Yes it can be costly and every person's situation is different but if you "take the plunge" then consider planning it right. Use a professional home theater installation designer if you have the budget; they are becoming more common and are not as expensive as you may think but remember, it's not a race, it's a work in progress!
Dean Caporella is a professional broadcaster. Planning before home theater installationis critical! We give you some handy tips and tricks plus, get the latest home theater news and reviews at:http://www.hometheaterinfoline.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design