Asked to Bring Cake? Holiday Bundt Cake: White Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Author Holly Clegg
- Published February 12, 2010
- Word count 389
Holiday season can be hectic! During the holiday time, have fun with the variety of different shaped Bundt pans—where you truly can turn a cake into a centerpiece or show-stopper treat. Bundt cakes are one-stop cooking-dump and stir and bake! Beginning with a cake mix, white chocolate, and almond extract, this cake becomes an extraordinary dessert. When you are asked to bring a cake to your next party, don’t stress and make this simple White Chocolate Bundt Cake. Another one of those recipes, my daughter, Haley, makes in literally minutes. I keep these pantry-friendly ingredients on hand to whip up this unbelievable cake in a pinch. Best of all, this cakes freezes well. Make the cake, freeze and drizzle the icing on when defrosting—the cake becomes your time-saver emergency cake! And, I promise once you make this cake, you will turn to this recipe over and over again, as you won’t have a choice as White Chocolate Bundt cake is my most requested and will quickly be yours.
White Chocolate Bundt Cake from Holly Clegg trim&TERRIFIC Freezer Friendly Meals (hollyclegg.com/books.cfm), for more recipes check out thehealthycookingblog.com.
Makes 16 servings
1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 (4-serving) box instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup canola oil
2/3 cup skim milk
3 egg whites
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon almond extract
Preheat oven 350° F. Coat 10-inch nonstick Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, sour cream, oil, milk, egg, egg whites, mixing until well mixed. Stir in white chocolate chips and pecans.
Pour in Bundt pan and bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
In small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, milk almond extract; set aside.
Cool cake on rack 10 minutes before inverting on serving plate. Drizzle glaze over warm cake.
To Prepare and Eat Now: Slice and serve.
To Freeze: Cool to room temperature, wrap, label and freeze. Recommended freezing time: up to 4-6 months.
To Serve: Defrost, slice and serve.
Note: Different shaped Bundt pans allow for fun types of cakes.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 318, Protein (g) 4, Carbohydrate (g) 51, Fat (g) 11, Cal. from Fat (%) 31, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Dietary Fiber (g)0, Cholesterol (mg) 18, Sodium (mg) 338,
Diabetic Exchanges: 3.5 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Holly Clegg, the "Queen of Quick," is author of the trim&TERRIFIC cookbook series including a diabetic cookbook with the ADA Visit her website at [http://hollyclegg.com](http://hollyclegg.com) and check out her blog [http://thehealthycookingblog.com](http://thehealthycookingblog.com) .Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- FRESH SEAFOOD Our Fresh and Frozen Seafood will Delight You
- How to make the best pour over coffee
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser