Information about mens tuxedos
- Author John Adam
- Published March 1, 2010
- Word count 644
The tuxedo has always been considered as formal wear. The tuxedo consist of a jacket plus trousers with accessories like a formal shirt, waistcoat, cummerbund and bow tie and formal shoes to go with it. There are a variety of styles in tuxedos.
Unlike conventional fashion which changes all the time, tuxedo styles seem to have stood the test of time. Is there really any way to improve on perfection?
Most tuxedos come with matching trousers. There are four styles in which it comes – single or double breasted with peaked lapels with a facing in grosgrain on the lapel. There is also the single or double-breasted shawl collar, which comes with either satin or grosgrain on the facing of the lapel.
The tuxedo shirt comes in a range of styles. The white-winged collar tuxedo shirt is more formal. It comes with stiff pique and single cuffs. The other style is considered less formal. However, it is also more comfortable with a turned down collar with a pleated front and double French cuffs.
Trousers for the tuxedo need to have a natural taper and follow the shape of the leg. The bottom of the trouser should always be plain – no cuffs – and should break on top of the shoe. Each trouser leg should have a satin braid – this however has become optional. These days pleated trousers have been gaining preference, however one must ensure that the folds of the pleats should open towards the center. The waist band must never be exposed.
Since it is mandatory that the waistband of the trousers should not be exposed, it is important to wear a vest pr a cummerbund. The neck tie is in a bow shape and its texture should always match the facings on the lapels i.e. either satin or grosgrain. The bow should be either in black or midnight blue and always be hand tied. It should not be larger than a medium butterfly or narrow like batwings.
In tuxedo shoes too there are two choices. One is the ‘pump’ which is a low-cut slip-on made of patent or matte-finish leather with a dull ribbed silk bow in front. The other is a ‘patent-leather oxford’ which is a plain-toe lace-up shoe made with thin soles and a small toe.
Tuxedo is not truly complete without right selection. A tuxedo package offers a unique stylish look for man’s personality. Man’s formal wear available for rental or purchase, include shirts, shoes, men's formal wear vests, men's formal wear ties, pants.
Tips on buying man formal wear tuxedo: -
Tuxedo for short stature and thin: Double breast is not kind of style for those who are thin and short stature . A single breast button down jacket is best choice for their personalities. Don it with pleated pants. And don't forget that jacket with more than three buttons can spoil the whole look.
Tuxedo for slim and tall: If you are slim and tall, then you have all options available with you with Tuxedo. You can wear almost anything of your choice but for those who are too thin then double breast jacket with big pads on shoulders is indeed a good option, that will give your shoulders a broader look. Make a choice for pleated shirt because it will enhance your personality.
Tuxedo for those having broad shoulder: Avoid double breast style jacket if you have broad shoulders then, as it will draw attention to the broadness of your shoulders. Tall and fleshy men should attire vest Rather than going in for cummerbund as cummerbund will highlight your waist. On the contrary vest hides your physical flaws.
Tuxedo for Short & broad men: Single breast jacket is preferable for Short & broad men to draw the attention away from their large waistline, with padded shoulder jacket. You will look handsome in one or two button tuxedo jacket.
There are no posted comments.
- The Iconic LBD Little Black Dress
- How to Dress For the Seasons
- Do People Prefer Boutique To Larger Stores?
- Best gift ideas in jewelry for her
- What to Wear When Your Workplace’s Dress Code is Smart-Casual
- The Help Guide To Get Shampoo and Conditioner for Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Myths about compression socks
- Beginner Friendly- So What Can I Actually Do To Create My Lace Frontal Closure A Little Tighter: How You Can Tighten A Wig
- Guide to choosing a wedding dress in 2020
- A History Of The Cufflink
- Steps To Make Remy hair Look Real
- Classic wedding dress
- How to Choose a Reliable Tailoring Shop in Bangkok
- How to Find a Decent & Affordable Tailor in Bangkok
- Bespoke Suit Stitching in Bangkok at Never Before Prices
- The Perfect Gothic Coats for winter
- How to live warm and Gothic in winter
- Top 10 Adidas Shoes
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Cufflinks – And How To Wear Them
- Bridal shop in London
- The Many Different Ways Men Can Wear Cufflinks
- Long Sleeve Wedding Dresses
- Women and Platform Shoes: Everything From Style, to Fit, and Comfort
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Get The Finest Way Of Customization With T-shirt Design Software
- How to wear your good shirt
- Getting your little princess clothes online
- How To Choose A Suitable Swimsuit For Swimming?
- Stories that matter