Haute Trends In Indian Bridal Attire
- Author Jasnav Nagpal
- Published March 4, 2010
- Word count 550
If you wish to wear something haute for your wedding, regional flavor is your answer. Many people do not wish to flaunt excessively on their wedding and rather prefer to go for the simple look.
Wedding is the one time of life when the bride wishes to dress like a princess. But bridal trousseau has also undergone a change. Earlier, it was the bridal lehenga choli designed exclusively by the designers. Nowadays, things are changing and people are going back to the roots.
Designs With A Difference
Bridal trousseaus are no more confined to the once popular umbrella cut lehenga choli. More and more brides are open to experimentation. They are again going back to traditional clothing. Instead of spending a bomb on the designer lehenga choli or even sari, brides are opting for the regional look.
The brides of the day with well toned bodies prefer to flaunt their curves instead of being fully covered. Designers like Ritu Kumar and Sabyasachi believe that the bride should be the brightest of all in the gathering. More and more brides are opting for the Durga and Devyani Pochampally sarees for a chic and gorgeous look. Devyani pochampally usually comes in bright color combinations with intricate zari border.
Designs To Look Forward
Now heavy designs are considered not so cool. Brides prefer to wear light stuff during the wedding rituals. You can opt for the Diya pochampally, esha pochampally, or drashti pochampally sari for the bridal wear. Forget about age old zari and gota work as now the designs are at par with the regional specific look.
Earlier the replica of the royal wedding trousseaus was quite popular and expensive too. You can go for the Drashti Pochampally sarees and get custom made designs on them.
Designs you could go for include unpolished zari work, or expensive crystals for exotic look. Crystals, pearls, rubies, zircon and unpolished stones can also be used. The heavy work will push the overall price of the sari towards the higher end, so be prepared to spend a little more.
If you wish to keep the sari simple, be innovative with the blouses. The latest trends in cholis are at par with the fashion week standards. Tube top and backless single piece cholis are in fashion. Halter neck blouse with work on the strings and back is quite haute.
The fashionistas are opting for backless blouses in order to flaunt their unique mehendi designs on their back. Sometimes it also becomes necessary to go for flashy blouses in order to flaunt the heavy and intricate jewelry worn by the bride.
Asymmetrical cuts with heavy motifs are a favorite option with brides sporting the leaner look. Many brides prefer blouses with interesting cuts and heavy designs and simpler lehengas.
Back To Tradition
More brides prefer to wear the traditional Devika pochampally sari on their wedding. It is considered to be the most gorgeous amongst the entire range of Indian saris. With intricate zari border and ravishing color combinations, the bride looks surreal after draping it.
Even former Miss World and actor Aishwarya Rai wore a traditional Pochampally sari on her wedding. If stars prefer to dazzle in their natural aura, why canÆt you?
Let simplicity be your mantra to look ravishing on your wedding day.
Jasnav is a leading stylist and fashion writer. Choose from a wide variety of traditional Indian saris at http://www.indianselections.com. Visit our blog to read more ideas about wedding, traditional clothing and traditional interior dΘcor ideas.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Drape Your Shape
- Women's Bridesmaid Dresses Tips & Trends On The Upcoming Wedding Seasons
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- A Brief History & Evolution from the Cosmetology Head Model
- Why to support eco fashion
- Summer escapes. Choose the right Jewellery that will remind you forever.
- The Iconic LBD Little Black Dress
- How to Dress For the Seasons
- Do People Prefer Boutique To Larger Stores?
- Best gift ideas in jewelry for her
- What to Wear When Your Workplace’s Dress Code is Smart-Casual
- The Help Guide To Get Shampoo and Conditioner for Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Myths about compression socks
- Beginner Friendly- So What Can I Actually Do To Create My Lace Frontal Closure A Little Tighter: How You Can Tighten A Wig
- Guide to choosing a wedding dress in 2020
- A History Of The Cufflink
- Steps To Make Remy hair Look Real
- Classic wedding dress
- How to Choose a Reliable Tailoring Shop in Bangkok
- How to Find a Decent & Affordable Tailor in Bangkok
- Bespoke Suit Stitching in Bangkok at Never Before Prices
- The Perfect Gothic Coats for winter
- How to live warm and Gothic in winter
- Top 10 Adidas Shoes
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Cufflinks – And How To Wear Them
- Bridal shop in London
- The Many Different Ways Men Can Wear Cufflinks
- Long Sleeve Wedding Dresses
- Women and Platform Shoes: Everything From Style, to Fit, and Comfort