Cleaning Cubic Zirconia: Tips that will keep your CZ jewelry sparkling!
- Author Penny Best
- Published May 6, 2007
- Word count 609
Cleaning cubic zirconia jewelry is much easier than you think! So take advantage of these simple tips that will keep your precious jewelry sparkling and lustrous—so you can enjoy them for years to come.
Like diamonds, the precious cubic zirconia (CZ) gems need to be cleaned to maintain their original brilliance and luster. Many variables in our surrounding can dull the shine of precious gems: body lotion, perfume, hairspray, perspiration, or just simply, normal everyday wear.
All lotions and soap film are some of the more difficult materials to remove. Just a little of any of these materials on your CZ stone, will take away much of the visual brilliance of the stone. So it is vital to keep your CZ clean to maintain its sparkling diamond look.
A convenient way to clean your CZ jewelry is to use a small brushing device with soft bristles (preferably a toothbrush), along with warm to hot water mixed with a mild liquid dishwashing detergent (such as the brand, Joy), and brush as well as possible to remove any scum build-up.
Then, rinse well in warm to hot water, pat dry with a clean cloth, and take a look. If more cleaning is needed, soak the jewelry piece in hot water, with about 1/3 detergent to 2/3 hot water. (The mix is not critical.) Then, just brush again. When you’re done cleaning your jewelry, be sure to dry it well so to keep its brilliant shine.
Avoid exposing your CZ jewelry to abrasive substances such as household chemicals when cleaning with bleach or ammonia, or when swimming in chlorinated water, as these chemicals can damage your jewelry. Although most abrasive cleansers will not damage a CZ stone, they will, however, take the lustrous shine off the metal in which the stone is set.
Gemologists can agree that CZ comes closer than any other gem material to matching the characteristics of a diamond—it’s uncanny. As CZ is quickly becoming more popular as a desirable substitute for diamond, it’s important to care for it the same way you would a diamond.
So if for some reason you cannot remove the dirt off your CZ jewelry, take it to a jeweler and give it a high-pressure steam clean, as would be done to a diamond. This will remove almost any scum off your jewelry.
When we clean a customer's jewelry and inspect it for wear, and loose or missing stones, we find the jewelry needing repair is most often a jewelry piece that has never been cleaned by the owner. Persistent dirt gets between the metal settings and the stones, causing abrasive wear and eventually, perhaps a loose stone.
One of the most basic rules of jewelry care is to apply all lotions, make-up, hair spray, etc. first, before you put on your jewelry. To minimize scratches and other damage, store your jewelry either in a cloth pouch or in a separate compartment in your jewelry box.
Now that you know how easy it is to care for your CZ, be sure to clean your CZ jewelry regularly—depending on how often you wear it; if you wear it everyday, cleaning it once a week is sufficient.
Follow our simple tips on cleaning cubic zirconia, and you can be certain your CZ jewelry will not only maintain its original brilliance and luster for years to come, but it will continue to sparkle radiantly for you when you wear it, and show it off!
© 2007 Pennybest.com. All rights reserved. Reprinting or republishing of this article is allowed, provided the author’s information including copyright and resource link is retained to accompany the article.
Penny Best Jewelry provides you with fine cubic zirconia jewelry and timeless designs, at an affordable price. The online store at http://www.pennybest.com offers you top quality cz jewelry including beautiful rings, earrings, stunning necklaces, dazzling bracelets, bridal sets, free shipping, free jewelry box and a 30-day money back guarantee.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Cheap VS Expensive Mattresses: How to Get the Best Value for Money
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Electricity Bill
- Tips before buying reclining sofa
- How To Buy Diamond?
- Choosing the best glasses for your face shape
- How to choose the wedding dress in a few steps
- Birthday Gift Baskets
- What You Need to Know about the Best Grow Lights
- How to Choose the Best Grow Tent for Your Plants and Space
- How to purchase right Micro SD Card for the electronic gadgets?
- 5 Points to Consider When Choosing a Mattress from a Store
- How To Choose Satchel And Hobo Bag
- What Is Tinder? How to Find Members on Tinder Online Dating Site?
- How To Buy Layflat Slurry Hose
- Military Retirement Gifts Buying Guide
- There is a Shopify behind Every Online Shopping
- Best Carry-on Travel Backpack
- The Greatest Guide to Online Shopping Is Right Here
- Are You Shopping for Bed Linen -- Here Are a Few Tips
- Why a Cash Voucher can be A Perfect Gift for Your Loved Ones?
- 5 Star hotel pillows– A better way to sleep at night
- Select the best mountain biking jerseys and increase longevity with these tips!
- How to safely buy an used phones - tutorial
- Simple Tips for Car Enthusiasts About New Tires
- What beard suits you? Should you trim or groom it!
- Choosing the right projector to suit your needs
- Preparation, is it Worth the Price
- What is The Triangular Recycling Symbol Found at the Bottom of Plastic Products?
- What To Look For When Buying A Good Hunting Coat or Jacket
- Tips for Cleaning Toaster Oven