RSS Feed Marketing Tips
- Author Aallison Smith
- Published April 18, 2010
- Word count 504
RSS is the abbreviation for Really Simple Syndication. In the past, there is no way for a web visitor to get the latest content from a website. For instance, you know that a blog publishes new content on a regularly basis.
Knowing that RSS feed stands for Real Simple Syndication gets you in the proper mind set of being able to approach the feasibility of setting up your RSS feed marketing. One very important aspect about marketing is to know what your client needs and wants.
Another, less used but highly popular, method is to create the RSS Feed yourself. This is done through eXtended Markup Language, or XML. XML is almost like HTML in its design, except for the fact that RSS XML Files contain usually only three or four items. These items are the title, description and link. You can embed multiple items into one XML file, which creates your feed.
For online marketers who use this new technology as new way of promoting their web sites, it is also important that you ensure that you deliver quality RSS feeds to your subscribers. Your subscribers would really appreciate if you regularly deliver fresh information to them with interesting contents.
Feeds are easy to use and can be a great tool for most web users. However, for those who only visit a few sites regularly, like looking up sites and content or have constantly changing interests, they may not offer much value and not be worth using.
RSS feeds can be read with the help of a special kind of software called RSS reader, feed reader or an aggregator. RSS reader can be read through the desktops or mobile devices. The information is published through a standardized XML file format and can be read through several different programs.
RSS promotion is not something many people know about. Most people have just gotten their heads around the use of feeds on their blog to update readers. But these same people are unaware of the growing list of aggregators that RSS feeds can be submitted to.
The main objective of all the RSS modules is to make an extension of the basic XML formats. It is done to fulfill the purpose of more intense syndication process of the relevant content. This more broadly explains what is a RSS feed as it allows greater diversification and standardization without altering the main RSS specification.
Basically RSS Feeds allow a reader to receive your site content from your blog or website, in a convenient web form or appropriate website, as you update your web content. RSS Traffic therefore describes the movement of people to your website, based on the information they have received about your website via RSS Feeds.
Social networking sites like MySpace and Facebook allow members to add feeds to their account. These sites pull headlines from the feeds automatically when there is a fresh post. There are literally millions of members on these sites, which means that you can get a decent level of traffic.
There are no posted comments.
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business