Improve Web Site Traffic by Knowing Keyword Search Volume
- Author Shawn Hutchison
- Published April 14, 2010
- Word count 535
Do you know how many people are searching for the search engine optimized keywords that you’re using? How will you know if your SEO keywords will actually improve web site traffic?
I’ll show you how to determine the search volume for your keywords and gauge that against your keyword competition to get an idea of how quickly you can increase your site traffic – For Free!
You don’t want to waste your time and money optimizing your website for the search engines with keywords that are not going to improve your web site traffic, so the first step you must do is determine the amount of traffic each of your potential keyword phrases is getting.
To do this you can either use the Google Adwords Keyword tool or Traffic-Travis. (Note that Traffic-Travis counts search volume per day, while Google Adwords Keyword tool shows you searches per month.)
I prefer Traffic-Travis over the Google keyword tool because it’s much easier to read and gives you search volumes for MSN and Yahoo, as well as Google. But it’s worth noting that you should compare results once in a while. (and yes, you should check these numbers on a regular basis) No program is perfect, and this includes paid services. Results will surely vary from one keyword search volume tool to the next.
As a side note you should be aware that the traffic volumes for keywords do fluctuate. And if you start to see a downward trend you may want to reevaluate your efforts of optimization for that particular keyword phrase.
Traffic-Travis is very easy, and it comes with many other helpful features, but for this article we’re just going to use the Keyword Finder. Once you download it click ‘Keyword Finder’ and type in your first keyword. Keep track of the results in a spreadsheet and repeat for all of your keywords.
Hopefully you have also done some keyword competition research and have the number of times each keyword is found (for the exact phrase match) in a Google search. To determine if the search volume is going to be enough for each keyword you have to know how much competition you’re up against as well.
Sort your keyword list by lowest to highest competition and then compare to the amount of the search results. As a rule of thumb you want to have at least 1000 searches per month for the keyword phrase (approximately 33 per day) and in order to rank quickly you will want the number of exact phrase match search results to be under 10,000 (with 50,000 being your absolute limit in most cases).
If the keyword competition is low enough (under 10,000 pages) you can be on the first page of the search results in as little as a week. Once you’re on the first page you can expect to see at least 10% of the traffic. The higher you get ranked the more traffic you will bring in. If you’re in the top 5 spots you’ll see 30% of the traffic; top 3 – 50%; etc. So if the keyword phrase gets 2000 searches per month, you will improve web site traffic by 1000 visitors per month once you reach the top three spots.
Shawn Hutchison is a full time internet marketer who specializes in keyword selection and ethical, sustainable, and free website traffic strategies.
Watch over his shoulder as he takes you through each step for creating a profitable keyword list in this comprehensive keyword selection DVD.
For help with keyword search volume research download Traffic-Travis.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords