How Search Engine Works?
- Author Aallison Smith
- Published April 24, 2010
- Word count 516
Before you begin the task of optimizing your website for search engines it is important to have an understanding of how they work. It would be almost impossible to optimize a website and achieve top search engine rankings without having some idea as to how they work and what is a search engine is trying to do when it ranks a site.
Use of spiders - Search engines crawl the web, employing automated programs called spiders or bots. The hyperlink structure of the web allows these spiders to crawl an estimated 8-10 billion of the approximately 20 billion pages and documents that make up the World Wide Web.
In basic terms the search engine can only do using how your page looks & additional information about your site that it can collect using spiders. This additional information consists of what is basically a popularity contest. The more links that you have to your site the higher up the rankings you will be.
When a user comes to the search engine and makes a query, typically by giving keywords, the engine looks up the index and provides a listing of best-matching web pages according to its criteria, usually with a short summary containing the document's title and sometimes parts of the text.
To make the reading of the search results easier, the search engines ranks the results. Relevance is the key criteria in the ranking and the results are provided in descending order. This ranking is created by algorithms that are constantly monitoring relevance. Relevance can include the age of a document, the number of links to a document, and the keywords in the document.
Every single SEO project is different because no 2 businesses are exactly the same and need their own goals identified and strategy implemented. The Google search engine is the most widely used search engine, however you really need to include all the major search engines when developing your internet marketing strategy.
Now after the page is crawled, it is then indexed and stored in a large database. From here SE's rank/list your site for relevant search terms. Now this priority is decided by Page Rank also know as PR as well as your keywords and number of pages indexed. We will discuss each of them later. So your goal should be to get maximum of your pages crawled so that your site get's indexed faster.
Functions like bold and italics of your keywords will render better results in search engines. The inbound links in your website will ensure that you improve the way you do search engine optimizations, further it is important to note the fact that sitemaps are very effective to generate greater interior links to your site.
Choosing good and relevant keywords for you website is the most important aspect for getting your website well ranked. The other important aspect is to make sure that your website is content rich and relevant. Make sure that you do your research thoroughly before launching your new website. Last but not least, make sure that you update your website frequently with fresh and relevant content.
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things Every SEO Content Writer Must Do
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019