The main Facts About Fresh content
- Author Mike Aston
- Published April 16, 2010
- Word count 672
Fresh content needs to be used to ascertain what works for a client website and what doesn’t, and in this respect SEO is more akin to an art than a science. Fresh content alone definitely won’t bring Googlebot to your site. An SEO maxim is "Fresh content means higher search engine rankings", but is this really true. Certainly generating fresh content is a great idea from the perspective of attracting and informing human visitors, but do search engines (and realistically we mean Google) give higher weight to new content compared to old. The straight answer is that there are numerous benefits from ensuring your web site continues to have updated, relevant and fresh content. Human readers like fresh content, but search engines love it provided it is optimized, original and relevant.
The phrase "search engines love fresh content" is used hundreds of times every week by people answering beginners questions on SEO forums. If the article is about a subject that lots of people are either blogging about or searching for Google uses elements of the Query Deserves Freshness algorithm and thinks "Hey, this search query suddenly has a lot of interest, let’s rank some new pages higher to make sure our users find the most relevant and up to date information". ConclusionsRepeated publishing of new content is likely to increase the frequency that Google spiders your websiteThe act of publishing fresh content doesn’t automatically give you a rankings boostTopical content does normally get a temporary boost in rankingsNever use content from an article directory just to gain a fresh content boostPatrick Altoft is Director of Search at Leeds based digital & SEO agency Branded3.
As a general rule if you alter the content on your site more often you should see Googlebot visiting on a more regular basis. Rapid spidering and indexing combined with the fact that blogs and news sites often write about topical content means new articles often appear to receive a rankings boost. Adding fresh content to an otherwise static site just for the sake of it is a mistake, especially if the content isn’t original and useful. One of the factors Google uses to determine the best rate to crawl a website is the frequency the content on the site is changed. For example if you have a 5 page brochure site there is no point adding pages of articles just to get a fresh content boost, it won’t work. To get to the top and stay there, your site should deliver fresh, relevant content on a regular basis. By incorporating fresh content, your site will remain competitive. Over the last few years, we have seen the search engines give preference to websites who regularly update their content. Updating your site with content-rich articles, recent success stories or interesting commentary and then broadcasting this information to the Internet increases the inbound links to your site.
Write new content for the site is for those who are on the website dedicated to the activity of crucial importance. Authentic and reliable content can bring to the website of the marketing of the first pages of the most popular Web portals.
Also I noticed that quality backlinks will bring Googlebot to your site more often even when the site is full of duplicate content. Major search engines like Google are known to rank pages not solely in step with the relevancy of the content but also according to how fresh the content is.
If you don’t believe me, go ahead and add some new content to your home page and come back in 10 days and let me know how many spots you moved up at Google. That is because Google has determined the query or phrase you are targeting "deserves freshness".
It only stands to reason, then, that fresh content is becoming more important, and anecdotal evidence seems to back that up. So, the best way to enable a static web site to be able to update with fresh content is to install a blog.
There are no posted comments.
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords