Eco-Friendly Furniture Benefits both You and the Environment
- Author Vicki Duong
- Published May 17, 2007
- Word count 413
Most people equate comfortable living to having the right furniture pieces for your home, in addition to an adequate budget, working car, among a list of other necessities. However, with the heightened awareness of eco-friendly EVERYTHING, one should think about investing in one of these options, starting with environmentally friendly furniture for their home.
There are many benefits to owning environmentally sound furniture versus the mass produced alternative; the most obvious being that you're doing your part in reducing waste and saving the environment. Some furniture manufacturers even donate a certain percentage of their profits to organizations like the Forest Stewardship Council that work to fight against deforestation, global warming, and logging, so it's always a good idea to see if your purchase will in some way help in the battle of saving the environment.
Furniture from websites such as Eco-Furniture.com offer many environmentally friendly furnishing alternatives, along with advice and quick tips on how to green out your home. Offering furniture that is only made from recyclable materials and sustainably harvested wood, consumers are ensured that the making of their furniture did not harm the environment. Sustainably harvested wood means that the wood used in making a particular product was taken from a certified wood harvesting site and not unsustainably logged, which can have an adverse effect on the environment.
Many ready to assemble (RTA) furniture items are also made from recyclable materials and sustainably harvested wood. The reason being is that many RTA furniture manufacturers are hell-bent on reducing waste, cutting out excess chemicals and unnecessary bells and whistles. Usually constructed from medium density fiberboard and sustainably harvested plywood, consumers can rest assured knowing that their RTA investments are affordable, durable and recyclable.
As a consumer, it's not impossible to do your part in greening your home. Paying attention and asking where your furniture was manufactured, whether the wood was harvested from a certified wood harvesting site, and whether any harmful chemicals were used in the making of your product are among a list of questions you should always ask before making a furniture purchase. Whether or not you're an environmental skeptic, it's never alright to harm the planet we live on. As humans, there are necessary factors that need to be met in order to live as comfortably as possible; however our decisions impact the planet and we should consider how we can reduce waste and give back to the environment while achieving an acceptable standard of comfortable living.
There are no posted comments.
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!