5 Steps of Conversion Analytics Part 2
- Author Monica Valdez
- Published April 25, 2010
- Word count 512
In the last entry, I discussed the first three categories of Conversion Analytics, the topic of the latest SEMPO meetup with Todd Barrs of Spyglass LLC as the headlining speaker. As promised, here the final two categories are explained:
Mr. Barrs spoke about human conditioning and the use of features that create confidence among our users. Specifically, when users see symbols for the Better Business Bureau, certifications, or things like "100% Hacker Safe," it helps convince the user to make the next step and complete the purchase. This is something that sites often do, but many do it illegitimately. I have seen many sites, and even brick-and-mortar business, claim certifications that they do not have in an attempt to increase business.
Not only could this destroy your company’s reputation, but it also says a lot about the type of business you run. Specifically, what would your clients think if they found out that you had to lie about being certified as an ethical company? And, as a developer, what impression are you making on clients that you develop content for when you tell them that implying legitimacy is that same thing as being legitimate?
If you don’t measure up to the business standards you promote, you should reconsider how you operate your business. Also, just as a side note, misusing other people’s logos, especially for implied sponsorship, can land you in the big land of legal trouble.
So while these endorsements are valuable and can be very effective, they need to be placed legitimately and legally.
Originally I was going to call this category "conversionment," in order to match the "-ment" theme, but I think Improvement is the idea we are really going for. Improvement of conversion rates, that is. This sums up the ultimate goal of finding out what works, and optimizing the site to increase the good and get rid of the bad.
This is something that I notice many people miss when they outsource web development services (or even if they do it internally). They assume that the site is complete. When web development happens, developers follow a "best practice" approach, which combines all the elements of design in order to create something that should work. Some developers do this well, some create sites that just look pretty, and some developers can do both. But without regular optimization, a site will never reach its full potential.
This is why any type of service optimization plan can be extremely valuable. I know that at Amadeus Consulting we can make a site that is very well optimized on its initial launch, but even here we regularly update and modify our own site for better optimization. Once a site is launched, analytics programs (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc) provide very exact data that can be used to greatly increase conversion rates since they help you know why people are coming to your site, how they got there, and what they do once they arrive.
As Todd Barrs pointed out, even tiny increases in visit-to-sales conversion can greatly increase revenues.
Monica Valdez is the Manager of Search Visibility for Amadeus Consulting, a custom software development company dedicated to creating intelligent technology solutions. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Amadeus Consulting excels in mobility and data management, search visibility, content management, e-commerce, social networking, data collection and management, browser plug-ins, and iPhone application development.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords
- 5 Ways From Semalt On How To Take Control Of Your Content Marketing
- 3 SEO Pitfalls Service-Based Businesses Should Avoid