- Author Claire Warrington
- Published April 27, 2010
- Word count 563
Lapland is well known of course for being the home of Santa Claus and hosting some of the best winter sports and activities. It caters for all of the family and is an extremely child friendly environment. Yllas a small village in Lapland is still to this day relatively quiet and even in peak season the resort is peaceful and calm. The ski slopes are surprisingly quiet in December, the ski season has not officially begun and December is an ideal time to take lessons or take small ones onto the slopes for the first time. Yllas Lapland is extremely popular for all that it offers but it is also an extremely lovely place to visit in the Summer. Laplands temperature in the Sumner is very similar to Englands and they can in fact experience quite hot Summers. Lapland is known as the land of the midnight sun where it experiences 24 hour daylight in the summer, a stark contrast to the winter months where the temperature often drops to below -25 and the days are short and dark. With the rising of the sun in April, the days begin to grow longer and the temperature begins to rise and Lapland’s beauty begins to show itself.
Lapland is a fantastic place for those of you who love unspoilt countryside and love trekking, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, canoeing, river rafting, orienteering and traditional berry and mushroom picking. The pace of life is slow and once again there is plenty of activities to keep the children and the adults happy, The skiing trails are used as nature trails in the summer, cross country ski tracks once again become nature trails and many activities are organised deep in the Pallas Yllas national park. Other activities running in the summer include getting to grips with reindeer husbandry, visiting the local reindeer farms and understanding a typical day in the life of a reindeer farmer. There are many different places to visit such as the sacred place of the sami people which gives you more of an insight into the lives and history of the sami people. The Yilaskammi restaurant located at the top of Yllas is accessible by the new gondola lift. Once at the top the views are breathtaking and you can enjoy a wonderful meal in the top quality restaurant. The view from the top is over 80km on a clear day and the restaurant is the highest located restaurant in Finland.
There are many more activities on offer in the summer and one of those is the Icelandic horse riding which you can do in the winter. From January to April you can enjoy Icelandic horse riding lasting 3-4 hours, you will travel deep into the forests where you will stop off at a traditional finish wigwam and have refreshments. In the summer months you can horse ride for longer, half days or even whole days and with the days long and sunny you really will enjoy the sights of the beautiful finish country. The wildlife park in Yllas offers riding for all levels of experience from beginners to more competent riders and children. Yllas Lapland is not just a magical place in the winter but has an awful lot to offer in the Summer time too and is fast becoming a popular destination for those looking for a super holiday destination.
Just Lapland offers cabin rental for both winter and summer holidays. There is also a wealth of information on holidays in Lapland and local traditions and cultures. http://www.justlapland.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5G to the rescue! - who is going to benefit from it the most?
- The Complete Guide to Makoto Shinkai's Best Movies
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- BEGINNER 5 STRING BANJO - Learn Banjo From Scratch! Banjo
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- Six Ingredients of a Perfect Goal
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- What You Can Do During COVID-19 To Save Money On Home Insurance
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- How to Evolve Your Business Model as Times Change
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists
- Covid-19 Update On Credit Cards Payment In UAE
- Retaining Memories of Moments with your Baby through Picture with Words
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- How to reset iCloud account if forgot password?
- Stopping Fax Spam
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Strategic planning pillars
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Effective Ways of Making Your Standing Desk More Comfortable
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- Professional Roles and Values
- 6 Essential Skills Every Big Data Architect Needs
- Natural Rapid Weight Loss Diet Pills
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- Phony Appeals to Fallacies of Pretentious Squeals
- 21st Century Solution for 21st Century Problems
- Importance of online shopping, don’t waste your time.