How to Write Good Travel Content
- Author Julietta Henderson
- Published April 25, 2010
- Word count 557
If you’re an aspiring travel writer, then SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is good news for your career. Writing free articles specialising in travel content for the internet is a great way of getting experience in this highly competitive field. Many companies today are looking for travel content for their websites, and rather than pay a copywriter big bucks to write a bespoke article for them, they can go to any one of hundreds of directories and download an article for free. The standard of writing can vary drastically from one directory to the next and it ranges from sub-standard to excellent. If you’re going to go down this path for some experience, you should start as you mean to go on and ensure that you are producing the highest quality travel content you possibly can; you never know where it’s going to end up.
Edit, Edit, Edit
And then edit again. There’s absolutely no excuse for errors in grammar and spelling. If you aren’t sure of the basics, then do a refresher course or at the very least, buy a book. Nothing looks worse than a careless typo, except perhaps a dodgy sentence structure! Things to look out for are missed words, incorrect punctuation and misspellings of names or places (particularly important when writing travel content). Using the spell check function on your computer is not totally reliable; sometimes the program simply replaces words with another which can completely change the meaning or structure of a sentence. It’s not enough to run a quick eye over the document and assume that if there’s no tell-tale underlining that everything is fine. A good writer must also be a good editor. Read the article several times thoroughly and you may find that in the process it can change quite radically from your first draft. If there are only three things you learn about writing, make it these; edit, edit, edit.
The Yawn Factor
When you’re writing travel content what you’re really doing is painting a picture of a destination and making your reader really, really wish they were there; or at least making plans to get there. Try to find a unique angle or attraction and don’t wheel out the well-known, and well-documented, facts. Make some time to really understand the place you are writing about so you can evoke the character and authenticity of the destination in your article. Remember, you need to stand out from thousands of other articles written about the same country or city, and if your article is not only well-written, but interesting too, then you are half way to winning the battle.
The Facts and Nothing but the Facts
Unless you’re writing about a fantasy destination, one of the most vital things when writing travel content is to check your facts. Don’t try to cut corners and make things up; somewhere along the line, someone WILL pull you up on it. Before you even put dainty fingers to the keyboard, make sure you have researched the major facts and not just in Wikipedia. Be prepared to be able to back up anything you write about with the appropriate data, and never be tempted to add in a Fourth World War or a new geographical landmark just to make things more interesting.
Julietta Henderson is a regular contributor to article directories, and specialises in writing travel content relating to holiday destinations all over the world.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business