How To Differentiate Between Actual Sellers And Investors
- Author Charles & Kim Petty
- Published April 29, 2010
- Word count 585
In order to successfully negotiate the right price and to get the most monetary benefit from any real estate deal, it is very important to quickly identify the category of your seller. Both, actual sellers and investors need to be handled on a different level. Here are some tips on how to differentiate between actual sellers and investors.
Check The Time Factor: An actual seller might be residing in the same property for a number of years and might also be repaying his/her loan over a period of years. A quick check of the documents might soon lead you to the truth. On the other hand, an investor might have just purchased the property in the recent past with the intention of flipping it.
Check The Emotional Factor: An actual seller could be more emotionally attached to the property and would be willing to listen to and understand various offers that you might offer. An investor would be more interested in only the price factor and would be in a hurry to just dispose the property as quickly as possible.
Check The Price Factor: An investor might not be willing to negotiate on the price factor, since he/she might just have added the profit margin on their purchase price and the entire deal would be quite clear in their mind. However, an actual seller could be more flexible, while talking rates since he/she would have only an estimate of the actual rates in the mind. An actual seller in financial difficulty will be even more flexible and motivated to try and sell the property to you, whereas if an investor has just purchased a property on short sale and is confident to make a huge profit margin, then he/she might not budge from the fixed position.
Check The Paperwork: When you propose to buy any property from an actual seller, you will need to check all the facts of the deed in detail, especially if the property is quite old. On the other hand, if an investor were selling the property, then the papers would most probably have been already scrutinized and should be in proper order. However, ensure that all papers pass through your attorney's hands and eyes.
Check The Physical Condition Of The Property: An investor could look at future dealings with you and therefore tell you about all the pros and cons of the physical condition of the property. However, an actual seller might only want to sell the property to you and make a rapid exit. Thus, even if the seller is singing praises about the property, take along a contractor, who can make a physical assessment of the property and give you an accurate report or you could be stuck with a damaged lemon on your hands.
Check the Body Language: Try to read the physical body language, since it will tell you a lot about the person with whom you are dealing. An actual seller will be more comfortable with various ideas that you could give, whereas an investor would already have formed his/her own ideas, on how and when to sell the property. The attitude of the person will also provide you with lots of important information.
Therefore, by correctly identifying the person with whom you plan to deal, you can quickly ensure that you provide the right motivation for them to part with the property. You can thus get the most out of that deal, while avoiding any of the above traps.
Virtual Real Estate Investing Experts Kim and Charles Petty have been
involved in over 700 real estate transactions in the last 9 years and
are the creators of the Ultimate Turn Key Virtual Real Estate
Investing Systems for investors all around the world who want to take
advantage of the awesome profit opportunities in today’s real estate
market. They are the worlds leading experts on Virtual Real Estate
Investing. Investors go to www.VirtualRealEstateInvestingProfits.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Guelph home sales drop 70% as the real estate machine comes to a grinding halt
- 5 Steps on How to Declutter Your House for Sale
- The Best Real Estate Agent In Mississauga
- When to pour your polished concrete
- COVID-19 and Guelph’s real estate market. Where do buyers and sellers stand?
- How To Trust Your Real Estate Agent in NYC
- 5 Reasons why living in a doorman building in NYC is worth it
- 5 Great Luxury Apartment Buildings in Manhattan You Should Know
- Understanding NYC Real Estate Terms to Your Advantage
- How To Price Your Inherited Home In Philadelphia For Sale
- Purchasing A Home In Villamartin
- What Are Tensile Structure Fabric and Frame Materials
- Finding Luxury Rentals in NYC
- How To Buy A House in Scotland
- Sell Your House In Los Angeles
- The Importance of Real Estate Photo Editing Outsourcing
- The Importance Of An Inventory For Both Tenant And Landlord
- How to Identify a Qualified Commercial Broker?
- How Much Does It Cost To Sell a House in Scotland?
- How Much Does It Cost To Sell a House in Scotland?
- Tricks Of The Trade For Crafting Compelling Real Estate Copy
- Fire Detection System Protection for Real Estate
- Why do Tech Start-up Companies Love the Triangle?
- Utah Land Development
- Reasons To Hire Professional Cleaners For Bond Cleaning Services
- 3 Tips for Buying Hunting Land
- How to Use Castor Oil For Hair Growth
- Advantages of Working with Quality New Jersey Pool Installers
- Ideas & Inspiration Inground Pool Contractors
- Benefits of Diamond Brite Pool Plaster