How to Contemporize Your Living Room
- Author Vicki Duong
- Published May 30, 2007
- Word count 506
If you're looking to redecorate your living room by adding a contemporary and timeless look, consider adding new pieces of furniture. Easier than looking for new housing, redecorating can be a fun and worthwhile project that gives you a chance to change the look of your home. I'm not going to lie, shopping for the perfect furniture pieces can be a time consuming task, but it can be a lot of fun. There are plenty of furnishing options out there that will give your home a refreshing, contemporary feel without you having to go toward the modern sterilization route. In this three-part series, I'll introduce you to the beauty that is contemporary furniture for your living room, dining room and bedroom.
Let's start with the main room of your home, the living room. Living room furniture is supposed to illustrate a welcoming look for both you and your guests. Since we're looking to add a modern dash of style to your home, it's best to opt for something comfortable, simple, and a bit of color wouldn't hurt. Couches like the ones from the Shelby Collection found on Eco-Furniture.com offer wide, soft box cushions and defining style that easily fits well in any home. And if you can afford it, it's not a bad idea to purchase matching love seats and ottomans. Unless you're an advanced level interior decorator who knows how to mix and match furniture pieces for an eclectic look, it's probably best for you to stick with matching pieces and case goods.
Living room accessories like coffee tables, end tables and consoles will add to the new look of your home. If it's a clean look that you desire, you simply can't go wrong with dark wood. Dark wood or stained wood furniture has been a popular trend in the furniture market over the past few years. The Soho Black Ash Living Room Collection, which can also be found on Eco-Furniture.com, is an excellent example of this beautiful trend. Creating an avant-garde look that won't go out of style anytime soon, dark wood can be tricky but sophisticated feature for your home. Best kept for a few key furniture pieces like coffee tables, dining tables and dining chairs, too much dark wood can give your home a darkened appearance. With that said, it's a good idea to limit just how much dark wood you want in your home.
Another solution you may want to consider when investing in a deep hue furniture item is finding one that's been paired with glass. Glass adds an elegant aesthetic to just about anything, and pairing it with wood gives it an ethereal look, considering that wood is a very solid element.
Remember, just because it's contemporary doesn't necessarily mean it has to be minimal in style. Modern furniture doesn't have to be intimidating; it can be just as welcoming as your mom's old matronly, yet comfy couch. In our next installment, we'll go ahead and talk about creating a contemporary flair to your dining room.
There are no posted comments.
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!